Menu

Insufficient funds-ARGH!

DawnM

Welp, I forgot to turn off the auto-pay for my dad's skilled nursing (almost $8k) and I don't keep that much in my account unless I need it.   

THIS is one huge reason I hate auto-pay......but yet, I like auto-pay because I don't have to worry about payments.   It is a mixed bag.

Hopefully this can be sorted out easily.

• Sad 23

37 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Welp, I forgot to turn off the auto-pay for my dad's skilled nursing (almost $8k) and I don't keep that much in my account unless I need it.   

THIS is one huge reason I hate auto-pay......but yet, I like auto-pay because I don't have to worry about payments.   It is a mixed bag.

There's so much to remember.  Are you getting any help sorting everything out?  My brothers aren't doing much, but my husband is.

• Like 3

Just now, Laura Corin said:

There's so much to remember.  Are you getting any help sorting everything out?  My brothers aren't doing much, but my husband is.

My husband is helping.   I had just done most of it when dad was alive, so I do have to remember a lot.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

That is a big oops. I despise autopay. I only use it for a few things that basically force me.  Ancestry, Netflix etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

So frustrating! May your refund be speedy and the mess sorted quickly. 

There isn't anything to refund from that transaction, the money wasn't there!

However, they do owe me 1/3 of a month from last month.   Not sure when that will get here.

• Like 2

I found that having autopay come out of it's own account helps. It might not apply to this situation, but if it helps with another, I often have the autopay amount plus a little rounded up deposited into that specific account with each check. 

We have several extra accounts because it just makes life easier. The bank couldn't care less, so it works just fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

Ok, my CU allows two free overdrafts per year.   I didn't know as I have never had it happen.....so the fees were waived.   I just need to make sure the company won't try again.   

If you were a joint owner on this account, perhaps you could transfer the funds into a different account? That way you wouldn’t get any more surprises like this.