Menu

What's your super power?

Laura Corin

Definitely speed reading and finding information.

Remembering how to spell people’s names after seeing them once.

I have also completed a ridiculous number of levels of candy crush (mostly a few years ago). I console myself with the fact that there’s people who have played more or there wouldn’t be more levels.

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought of another one -- I can wake up whenever I want/need to without using an alarm. Like I can think "I need to be up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning" and I'll wake up right around that time, usually within a range of about 15 minutes. So if I told myself I needed to be up at 5:00 I might wake up between 4:55 and 5:10. If it's something really important I don't fully rely on this super power but will set an alarm just in case. When I do that I usually wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off.

• Like 1

I am not good at remembering the specifics of things I’ve read, heard, or felt, but my subconscious holds it all well enough for me to make pretty good choices.  
So, like, I cannot quote or cite TWTM, but I carry the whole thing (2 editions, lol) inside me somewhere.

I also have a very good track record (now, not for my whole life) for identifying people who are going to be problematic before they even try to pull some bs.

• Like 2

My coworker told me once my superpower was

I can tell someone to F*** off and have them think it is their own idea. 🤣

It comes from dealing with difficult customers for years. If someone is being difficult, I can usually disarm them pretty quick by being sugary, sappy sweet to them. I find that most people who get angry easily, are used to getting other people flustered and irritated. Instead, I turn it on them.....I get super sweet, loving, overwhelmingly empathetic and kind....it almost always completely disorients them. Sometimes, I even add a bit of my old Texan accent in for good measure. I don't know how many angry people have stumbled away from my counter and acted like they didn't know what hit them. BTW, I don't give in. I just get them to back down and walk away.

• Haha 1

I’m pretty good at picking through verbal fluffery and finding the heart of what someone’s saying. (DH was recently answering a gazillion questions about mental health prior to his big medical procedure. He was being super clueless and verbose — his super/villain power — and finally I couldn’t take it anymore and just blurted: “They’re trying to evaluate your mental health! Are you depressed or suicidal?!?!” And he was like, “Oh. No, I’m fine.” 😂😂)

I can also make strangers’ babies smile when I see them in the store. 

• Like 1