Menu

First applications done!

matrips

Anyone else’s kids beginning the process?

One dc got two apps done and submitted  today and started his third.  Realized after the fact that a few things should have been tweaked.  The other two kids both have one ready for me to review tomorrow. 
They are just applying to three rolling admissions state schools (and possibly one more), but even so, I could tell the nerves were on edge.  Or maybe they were mine.  I had a headache by the end of the day.  The goal is to get them done this week before school starts next week.  They’ll have Honors college and NMF essays to write this fall.  That’ll be enough.  Lol.

We've prepared for this moment .  Now I just hope there’s no second guessing.  They wanted to keep it easy and simple.

• Like 19

Dd has one ready to go and two started, but she has to wait to submit. She is about to begin a large community service project with her scouting organization (like a BSA Eagle project, but harder!) and wants to have that on the apps. So they wait until the project is complete, probably late September.  

• Like 4

Mine has already submitted one to her top choice state school that opened a few weeks ago- already accepted 😃  I want her to do at least one more school in case she changes her mind, but she's pretty sure that's the one.  Both schools should put her in Honors automatically,  but she needs to apply for their better scholarships. 

Let the Games begin!  

• Like 7

Congrats! Well done! 
My son is trying to write the essay. I have a few suggestions but he would not take them. I stressed with him an essay is to show who he is as a person. But he wants to write about agriculture and what he read about a Japanese farmer does to not deplete the soil as industrialized farming would do. I think it is not personal enough, especially he has not done any farming practice himself. 
Sigh. 

12 hours ago, Charity said:

Congrats! Well done! 
My son is trying to write the essay. I have a few suggestions but he would not take them. I stressed with him an essay is to show who he is as a person. But he wants to write about agriculture and what he read about a Japanese farmer does to not deplete the soil as industrialized farming would do. I think it is not personal enough, especially he has not done any farming practice himself. 
Sigh. 

Can you give him links to what others say about what makes a good essay for college?  Lots of stuff when you google

• Like 2