Menu

I don't need this stress

heartlikealion

A/C was serviced today. They added Freon. After a couple hours the temp went up not down. Might be a leak. He’s coming back in the morning. We’re burning up. I let the kids go to a 9:30 pm movie just so we’d be out of the house. It’s 86 degrees here. 🥵

I was able to bump up the internet service installation to today but I missed that I was supposed to click a link for confirmation. So they didn’t come and now I won’t have wifi til tomorrow afternoon. 

Guy from church did so much for us today. 

I am so over sweating with little to no relief. Moments after a shower I was hot again. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

I think major issues will be taken care of with the home with these landlords. They own a washer and dryer but I didn't want to pay storage for my set so I planned to use mine. Since my washer is being serviced I'm using their washer. The man from my church is super handy and helped set up my dryer and fix a hinge on the screen so the door props open when you want it to. They were able to store their dryer on a big shelf they built in the laundry room. I didn't realize how tall that room is. I don't know how they got it way up there. They told me I can store my a/c window unit in there, too. I might sell it to xh because he inquired about it and I could really use the money. 

The freon wasn't the main issue with the a/c. This morning I was told it's the compressor. So the repair man came back with one and is working on the a/c now. I don't know when I'll having working a/c. Meanwhile, I keep zapping through my cell phone data and had to buy a third data pass today for this cycle. I was going to go to the local library, but then my dad said the curtain rods he was going to hang came with crappy hardware and he wanted to go to the hardware store. Dd didn't want to go to the library (she's watching Gravity Fall DVDs in front of a fan). He wants to leave town in about an hour to head back to his house so I don't know if I'll go to the library at all or not.

Last night we were miserable so I agreed to take the kids to a late night showing at the theatre. We didn't get home til after midnight but when I walked in the house it was even hotter!! We slept with the space heater fan mode on and I gave each kid a block of blue ice from the freezer. The movie was hilarious (Rise of Gru). My dad didn't want to go (he would have hated it). 

We can't stay in the other house because there's no furniture there anymore (not that the other house is cool but you can sleep next to a window unit). 

I will probably get the cat today, if the a/c is fixed. I've been running a window unit in the other home for her and checking on her daily as I get items. 

• Like 2

GREAT NEWS. The repair man talked the landlord into getting a whole new unit given the age of the unit and the fact that the compressor only has a one year warranty. So apparently this morning he actually picked up a whole new unit. It has been installed and I can feel it working. He said it might not be til 8-9pm that the house cools down all the way but I can tell a difference already. 

So maybe this whole thing was a blessing in disguise... new home with a new A/C!!! 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

GREAT NEWS. The repair man talked the landlord into getting a whole new unit given the age of the unit and the fact that the compressor only has a one year warranty. So apparently this morning he actually picked up a whole new unit. It has been installed and I can feel it working. He said it might not be til 8-9pm that the house cools down all the way but I can tell a difference already. 

So maybe this whole thing was a blessing in disguise... new home with a new A/C!!! 

My parents actually got a new AC earlier this summer when a part failed and they had NONE of that part in town locally and a list of people waiting for it -- they decided to get a new unit since otherwise it might not get repaired this summer at all.

• Sad 1

Yes, happy about a/c. Brought cat over last night. She didn’t need to suffer with us the night before lol 

“Her room” has the furnace. Can’t decide if food should be on floor or shelf. Not sure what’s easier on her neck. Litter box in corner where bag liner sticks out. 

my internet is still not set up. The cable company claims they called me yesterday and I didn’t answer. I said no missed calls. Maybe they called me from a dead zone. Now there’s an order for me to get it Thursday and they need to come even if they can’t reach me. This is ridiculous. And I zapped through my Cspire fast pass in one day! 

image.thumb.png.e2eb5a9c66d22fe875bac4f55fe8373a.png

image.png.418c0ade5ee7281722db2cc940df0782.png

• Like 4