Menu

Deal alert!

ktgrok

Target has garment racks on sale for $4.99 for a regular one, $8 for one with two bars. Even if you don't need a garment rack, if you have young kids think of the forts/tents you could build with them! I'm getting the one iwth two cross bars to make a puppet theater with, for DD5. And will likely use one of the regular ones as a green screen for the kids for making videos. (right now using to hold drying cabinet doors, and to spray them). 

Also good for hanging plants from, per a friend, and another friend uses them to hang a map from, or charts, while homeschooling. image.png.cb2d7ce58b31fc4e218e77396f609405.png

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, katilac said:

I do not need a garment rack and I have no young children, yet I am weirdly tempted by this. 

*googles what can i do with a garment rack*

To make a green screen for zoom meetings?

Hang plants?

I hear you can hang clothes on them too...

11 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Target has garment racks on sale for $4.99 for a regular one, $8 for one with two bars. Even if you don't need a garment rack, if you have young kids think of the forts/tents you could build with them! I'm getting the one iwth two cross bars to make a puppet theater with, for DD5. And will likely use one of the regular ones as a green screen for the kids for making videos. (right now using to hold drying cabinet doors, and to spray them). 

Also good for hanging plants from, per a friend, and another friend uses them to hang a map from, or charts, while homeschooling. image.png.cb2d7ce58b31fc4e218e77396f609405.png

I have several adjustable ones on wheels in the garage and back patio for swim/scuba/snorkeling gear and those heavy duty coat hangers and beach clips to hang it all. Super easy to dunk in rinse buckets and then hang dry this time of year. No more musty dusty stuff and it dries fast for quick reuse. 

15 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

I have several adjustable ones on wheels in the garage and back patio for swim/scuba/snorkeling gear and those heavy duty coat hangers and beach clips to hang it all. Super easy to dunk in rinse buckets and then hang dry this time of year. No more musty dusty stuff and it dries fast for quick reuse. 

OH!!!! Thank you! I actually JUST came in from the community pool. with floats, goggles, masks, flotation vest for the new swimmer, etc etc and was wondering where I can keep this stuff all summer. Once kitchen project is done one will become the swim/pool storage area!!!

So glad you posted this! I got one, to hang our fencing gear on between sessions (you aren't supposed to wash it all the time, but it needs to air out, and right now it's all draped all over every random surface in my bedroom...). Yay!

I also bought about 5 of those little black bags you posted a few years ago.....you are the best bargain hunter/finder! 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:55 PM, ktgrok said:

To make a green screen for zoom meetings?

Hang plants?

I hear you can hang clothes on them too...

We toppled quite a few garment racks. Our smaller IKEA rack was toppled a few times and we end up using it to hang two light pots of pothos and a light bird feeder. Our heavyweight IKEA rack (https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/mackapaer-coat-rack-with-shoe-storage-unit-white-30334752/) is a workhorse.

• Like 1