Menu

Due to user error

Terabith

In mid-2020, I’d go shopping every week and buy 2-3 boxes of tissues. And every week, we’d have no tissues left!  We were using them up at an alarming rate!

Until I realized that my husband (who puts away the groceries) wasn’t putting them in the basement, where I thought they were supposed to go and where I’d search for them every week. He was stuffing them in the top of a closet. 

We had 23 boxes by the time I figured it all out. 

• Haha 29

24 minutes ago, katilac said:

Wouldn't it just get used eventually? 

So, we have a toilet paper subscription service from Who Gives a Crap? but I think the default is people who use way more toilet paper than we do.  We currently have three giant boxes filled with rolls of toilet paper.  Within two months, they're going to start harassing me to send me another box, and if I miss the notification and don't tell them, "NO!  No more yet!" we'll wind up with still more.  

I think donating is prudent.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Terabith said:

So, we have a toilet paper subscription service from Who Gives a Crap? but I think the default is people who use way more toilet paper than we do.  We currently have three giant boxes filled with rolls of toilet paper.  Within two months, they're going to start harassing me to send me another box, and if I miss the notification and don't tell them, "NO!  No more yet!" we'll wind up with still more.  

I think donating is prudent.  

Or canceling the subscription altogether?

We started the pandemic with so much TP.  We accidentally overbought, and then it turned out that if someone in your neighborhood or congregation has a child on hospice, and there's a pandemic, and you don't have a clue what to bring them, you bring them toilet paper.  For weeks, i'd open my front door and there would be TP and a little "thinking of you" note.

We gave a ton away, and shared with all our relatives, and added 5 people to our family (plus one more, but he is not toilet trained), and it was still like 18 months before we had a normal quantity.  

• Like 3

You do know, @Terabith that if you stop the subscription, it will be like going out when it's cloudy without an umbrella, except that instead of just suffering it will be all of us.  Because the universe likes to catch people unprepared.  

So, maybe you should take one for the team.  Perhaps replace your furniture with stacks of plush toilet paper, and dress like this?

a6c89b358bcba190637a3a8c74addf7c.jpg.d91112d1896d16ce7926b094642e12a9.jpg

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Most subscription services allow you to log in and skip the next order even without a notification. If I start to get too much of something I just log on and skip the next one immediately so that I won’t forget. 

Yes, that's where the user error came in.  I usually do that.  But the notification that I was due for another box came when we had a snowstorm, and I just totally missed it.  So they sent it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Yes, that's where the user error came in.  I usually do that.  But the notification that I was due for another box came when we had a snowstorm, and I just totally missed it.  So they sent it.  

They thought you needed more soft white stuff inside to match the outside.

Lol my dh works in a TP factory- no kidding. For a donation to a local charity from their paycheck, they get a certain number of boxes (cases) each year that they have to take all at once . We have been known to gift a case to college kids or neighbors before (especially when it was hard to find). We have..a lot of TP.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4