Menu

I found my perfect planner! (digital, but pretty like paper!)

ktgrok

It's called the Artful Agenda

And OMG I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! Doing the free trial and set up was NOTHING - it totally integrates with my google calendar, and has lists, and pretty covers (most are free, some are $2) and options for font and STICKERS and really cool lists!! And on the lists you can have headings and check boxes AND if you want you can asign a date to a list item and then it shows up in your daily under "other tasks" for that day!!!! I am in LOVE!!!!! Y'all, if you know someone with ADHD and Dysgraphia this is what they want!!!!! And if you know anyone who say, loses paper planners or can't read their own handwriting, tell them about this! It is like $35 a year after the trial, but I'd pay way more. (and I have referral codes if anyone wants). 
(my referral code is RK414929 but that's not why I'm sharing, it's just so cool!!!!!)
Below are a few screen shots from my first few minutes setting it up. I've added stickers, and repeating tasks for workout/track food on the "my lists" section of the daily pages, and weekly rotating chores. Took seconds!

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 11.51.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 11.52.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 11.54.22 AM.png

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 13

I have just given in and decided I needed to go back to a paper planner.  I need something that is in my face at all times. 

But that is really pretty.  And if it works for adhd.    And my general schedule is in google so not having to enter all that.  

Ahhhhh.  I literally just wrote dates in a notebook for a bullet-style planner.   

But I also bought a bigger Kindle Fire tablet a few months back with the plan to use it for a digital planner.  But my self-made planner wasn't working and a lot of work.   This could be perfect. 

The Kindle Fire was more expensive than the notebook so I should give up on the notebook and go back to digital and buy this.  Right? 

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I have just given in and decided I needed to go back to a paper planner.  I need something that is in my face at all times.  But that is really pretty.  And if it works for adhd.    And my general schedule is in google so not having to enter all that.  

Ahhhhh.  I literally just wrote dates in a notebook for a bullet-style planner.   

But I also bought a bigger Kindle Fire tablet a few months back with the plan to use it for a digital planner.  But my self-made planner wasn't working and a lot of work.   This could be perfect. 

The Kindle Fire was more expensive than the notebook so I should give up on the notebook and go back to digital and buy this.  Right? 

Absolutely!

Also, for me I've spilled stuff on paper planners, or lost them....or the minimum don't have them with me when I need them. (yes, ADHD showing itself). This I can access from my phone, tablet, laptop, etc. 

• Like 1

I played around with AA a bit. I like many things about it, but not the $35 every year part, lol. 

When a paper planner doesn't work for me, I can repurpose it. Likewise the random weeks that I'm sick or on vacay. Dated digital makes me cringe a bit for that reason alone (plus I'm generally able to buy paper that I love for less). 

But, if it's the style that works for someone when others fail, I think $35/year is well worth it! 

15 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

I am just old school and love my paper planners and paper lists 

Do you have anything you're loving right now? I've been mostly disc bound for years already, but last year I moved from 8.5x11 to Happy Planner classic size, and I'm really liking both the size and the HP covers and setup in general. 

So I'm doing the trial and I think I'll probably stick with it.  $35 a year is less than I spend on notebooks and planners that I end up using for a few months and then try something else.  I have a bunch of 1/2 used planners and notebooks from my search for a system that works.   

I like that I can have this on my computer (so many digital planners seem to be only apps).  I have it set as the home page for my Chrome.  I'm on the internet every day (multiple times a day) so the planner will come up every time I get on.   I have it set to go to the current week.  I'll have to update it each week, but I was doing that for my self-made planner too.   

I can also have it on my phone and the aforementioned Kindle, so I can do quick looks and checks when I need to.  Like when I have a list of supplies for class that I need to get from my storage space, I can have that on the daily page and just look at it on my phone when I'm at the storage space, instead of having to remember a paper planner.  I ALWAYS have my phone on me. 

I like paper planners but I also broke my right wrist years ago and it still gives me trouble periodically.   My handwriting is atrocious without real effort to make it neater, and too much writing makes it hurt.    I do have a notebook where I have detailed class plans and I'll probably keep that and I can write quick notes about specific classes in there without worrying about it being all nice and neat.   I think this combination is going to work well. 

Now I just need to find a database app to keep other records on my Kindle.  Anyone know of any?  

• Like 2

I I have a deep appreciation for digital planners. I even fill them out from time to time!  (I just purchased a Passionate Penny Pincher digital planner a week or two ago!)

But I have not been successful in LOOKING at digital planners. My notebook and paper planner won’t get broken when dragged around the house.  I’d cry if they got spilled on, but I’ll take a $40 hit over a hundreds-dollar hit. And I always need to jot things down RIGHT NOW, not after opening my device.

And still, I buy the digitals, because I think they’re super duper cool.
Someday, I’d like to be a person who functions well with them, lol.

Signed,
A person who is finally finding moderate success with the Notes app after years of saying No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carrie12345 said:

I I have a deep appreciation for digital planners. I even fill them out from time to time!  (I just purchased a Passionate Penny Pincher digital planner a week or two ago!)

But I have not been successful in LOOKING at digital planners. My notebook and paper planner won’t get broken when dragged around the house.  I’d cry if they got spilled on, but I’ll take a $40 hit over a hundreds-dollar hit. And I always need to jot things down RIGHT NOW, not after opening my device.

And still, I buy the digitals, because I think they’re super duper cool.
Someday, I’d like to be a person who functions well with them, lol.

Signed,
A person who is finally finding moderate success with the Notes app after years of saying No.

LOL, see, I'd love to be someone that manages to look at paper planners, lol! But I never actually have it near me when I need to write something down, and then my handwriting is so bad that I can't read what a wrote, or at minimum it looks so ugly I don't like looking at it.(likely undiagnosed dysgraphia - only a few years ago did I find out it shouldn't hurt to write just a few sentences!). 

I read on my phone, so I always have my phone nearby. Or my laptop. And if I don't have my phone in my pocket I can tap my watch and my phone will beep so I can find it quickly. A paper planner just sits there, lol. 

Also, what did you think of the penny pincher one?  I just saw an ad for that this morning!

Edited by ktgrok
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Also, what did you think of the penny pincher one?  I just saw an ad for that this morning!

I can’t remember if/what varieties they have, but I have the Home Planner.
I absolutely love the weekly layout of it.  I am not a fan of having specific tasks pre-filled for me, but that’s why I forced myself to learn how to work “stickers” in GoodNotes. I just pick something I like and slap it over the things that don’t matter to me. *I* will decide when I will sweep my darn porch, and I’m unlikely to get into any bible study. 😉

CEA2EBD4-02C8-4280-9EEB-9E0AD1834D00.jpeg

418321FB-A3CF-471E-9C70-7151A1EBBC7F.jpeg

2 hours ago, katilac said:

What do you need it to do? Does it need to be extremely secure, for private or financial information, or no? 

Nothing too private.  I currently use Google Docs/Sheets/Slides so I can access them in multiple places, but it's not a great setup for the app.  I'd like something that's easier to navigate and find things.

14 minutes ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

This is really pretty.  Can you adjust font size and/or are there zoom options?  I have bad vision...  

In the list section you can make the font bigger, in the calendar/agenda sections no, although you can click on an event on the month view and it pops up bigger (and that's how you edit it). You can also pinch and zoom in on anything just like you can on any other website, using your track pad/mouse/fingers on the screen/etc. 

• Like 1

I used the color matching feature to make all my calendar colors match with the colors in the cover I picked - had to share to show it off because DH is color blind so doesn't appreciate it, lol. 

I also found that in the lists section if you highlight a whole section of checked items you can then uncheck them all at once. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 10.06.46 PM.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

How does this sync, mesh, etc with apple products and the apple calendar? I know you said it does well with google but I'm an apple gal. 

Supposedly just as well. I am an apple person too, but like google calendar better for most things, so my apple calendar that I pull up on my computer/phone is actually set with my google calendar as default, and they share back and forth. So if I add something to the apple calendar app it puts it into google, etc. 

• Like 1