Menu

ACNH - Nov update!

Murphy101

The Nov update is supposed to be pretty awesome and many who had gotten bored are returning to the game - folks like me who hadn’t even had a switch since March.

I have a new island and I’m going to give away much of what’s on my old island. Anyone want in on that?

Anyone still playing?   PM me for island codes. 

• Like 3

I cannot wait! Literally counting down the days. I didn't start playing until late last November but I've been playing daily since. My son's gf and I both had our jaws on the floor as we watched the Direct. It went past our wildest dreams. Yay!

I'm on the hunt for different colored dollhouses (I only have pink) so if you have any I'd love to be in on that. How fun to start with a new island! The things I would do differently if I had really understand the game from the start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I cannot wait! Literally counting down the days. I didn't start playing until late last November but I've been playing daily since. My son's gf and I both had our jaws on the floor as we watched the Direct. It went past our wildest dreams. Yay!

I'm on the hunt for different colored dollhouses (I only have pink) so if you have any I'd love to be in on that. How fun to start with a new island! The things I would do differently if I had really understand the game from the start.

Well I rarely play electronic games but when I do I go all in. LOL. I didn’t want to buy my own switch for one game so during 2020 I used my college daughters. Then in March 21 she took it back to school. And for my recent bday my son bought me my own switch and college girl brought her switch home. So I’ve been making my need acct and island and transferring what I want to keep from my old one. But I’m not going to keep most of it. I had everything. That’s a lot of stuff! PM me and I’ll let you catalogue anything you want on it. I’ll friend pretty much anyone on ACNH. My old island was really pretty. It silly how hard it is to tear it down!

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, I am SO excited.  I have played at least a little every day since late March of last year.  I bought my own switch last August, I've been playing that island since.  I have not loved a game like this in years and years.  It is the sweetest, most relaxing, most adorable game ever.  It hits me right at my 11 year old self.  I have 7 cat villagers right now!  😂😻

I am actually trying to at least partially clear my island and flatten my island and get rid of a bunch of stuff.  I was considering starting over and I still might.  But I have $$$ bells and $$$ nook miles and it's hard to want to part with those things.  But I at least want some clean space to farm, etc and be able to rethink decorating.  I have enough bells and resources that if I have to DIY or catalog stuff to get it back, that's ok.  My storage actually filled up right before the direct, I'm very excited to have more storage space though I'm trying to clean that mess out a bit too.  My main user's storage is way too many clothing items!  

I seriously almost cried watching the direct.  Looks SO amazing and fun and MANY more hours of joy coming.  Ridiculous I know. But this little game has been a daily respite during covid, I love it so much.  My son is restarting an island on his switch now, I hope he plays!  

• Like 2

My daughters and I are SO EXCITED. My oldest daughter has been waiting and hoping that they would add Brewster. I have played literally every day since the game came out, and I'm looking forward to the addition of new items and tasks. And I can't wait to meet the new villagers! Do you have a favorite island resident? Mine is Roald...I put his house right next to mine because he's my best buddy. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Oh my gosh, I am SO excited.  I have played at least a little every day since late March of last year.  I bought my own switch last August, I've been playing that island since.  I have not loved a game like this in years and years.  It is the sweetest, most relaxing, most adorable game ever.  It hits me right at my 11 year old self.  I have 7 cat villagers right now!  😂😻

I am actually trying to at least partially clear my island and flatten my island and get rid of a bunch of stuff.  I was considering starting over and I still might.  But I have $$$ bells and $$$ nook miles and it's hard to want to part with those things.  But I at least want some clean space to farm, etc and be able to rethink decorating.  I have enough bells and resources that if I have to DIY or catalog stuff to get it back, that's ok.  My storage actually filled up right before the direct, I'm very excited to have more storage space though I'm trying to clean that mess out a bit too.  My main user's storage is way too many clothing items!  

I seriously almost cried watching the direct.  Looks SO amazing and fun and MANY more hours of joy coming.  Ridiculous I know. But this little game has been a daily respite during covid, I love it so much.  My son is restarting an island on his switch now, I hope he plays!  

If you want to restart your island but also not lose the stuff it takes forever to build up - you can store it on my island and come back for it right after you restart your island. Lots of people do that for each other.  And bows a great time for me bc my island hasn’t be developed much yet so I have the space to help. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Oh I am happy to add users too!  I'm not sure anyone I'm connected with on the switch is very active on ACNH anymore?  

🤷‍♀️Most of mine went radio silent months ago same as I did. 

49 minutes ago, MrsMommy said:

My daughters and I are SO EXCITED. My oldest daughter has been waiting and hoping that they would add Brewster. I have played literally every day since the game came out, and I'm looking forward to the addition of new items and tasks. And I can't wait to meet the new villagers! Do you have a favorite island resident? Mine is Roald...I put his house right next to mine because he's my best buddy. 🙂

Our whole family loves several villagers. Raymond, Phoebe, Rosie, Static, Wade, Cody, Pekoe…

30 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

If you want to restart your island but also not lose the stuff it takes forever to build up - you can store it on my island and come back for it right after you restart your island. Lots of people do that for each other.  And bows a great time for me bc my island hasn’t be developed much yet so I have the space to help. 

Our whole family loves several villagers. Raymond, Phoebe, Rosie, Static, Wade, Cody, Pekoe…

Wade is the cutest!!! He's like a little baby penguin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I play daily with my kids. We are excited for the update too! Youngest is resisting terraforming but tonight we cleaned off a space for a vegetable garden.

I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to put my vegetable garden too. The whole time we were watching the Direct I kept muttering to myself, "I need a bigger island, I need a bigger island, I need a bigger island..." LOL Except for a tiny orchard on a third level, my island is covered. Now to decide what to sacrifice for those veggies.

If anyone wants to add me to their friends, I'd love that. I'm also happy to share whatever I have that you might want or need. When I first started this game, I didn't know anything about it or even how to go about playing it. This is the first video game I've pretty much ever played. So I didn't understand the cooperative element that, while you can play on your own, it's so much more enriching with you have someone else to play with.

19 hours ago, MrsMommy said:

Right now my favorite resident is Kiki. Runner up is probably a tie between Lolly and Daisy, but darn, if Blue Bear isn't the cutest. My goal is to have one dog on an island of cats, just like my real life. My real life dog's name was Daisy (she's gone now) so when I saw her I knew instantly what direction I wanted my island to go in. I still need 2 more cats but I'm having a hard time of letting go of Blue Bear.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Oh that is so nice!  I am going to try without starting over and we'll see.  I suspect I could use my son's switch at back up too over the holidays if I really wanted to save any bells or anything?  You'll have to keep us posted on how you're liking the do over.  🙂  I have spent this week just unloading stuff and clearing room for a veggie garden.  Ugh, I hate the way my island is terraformed right now and I might still flatten some more.  

I love so many villagers, I don't think I have had a villager I didn't love.  I especially like the cat villagers!  My favorite at the moment might be Rosie.  But right now I have and love Raymond, Bob, Punchy, Rudy, Ahnka, Olivia.  I've had and loved Marshal, Kiki, Tangy, Kabuki, Genji, Cyd, Audie, Sherb, Fauna, etc.  I collect villager photos, so I love to let them come and go.   I might be pushing 50 on this island?  I want to remodel my house so I have one room to feature villager photos.

• Like 1

Firstly. Wow. My posts have the worst spelling. I should edit more. It’s embarrassing. 😳

but back to ac topic-

i’m slowly dismantling my old island (my husband is helping so I don’t have go from my switch to daughters over and over. He pockets it all and brings to my island and I pick it up.

Once I’ve gotten all that I want off it - I’m going to open up for a huge amount of cataloguing.

im only doing what I need to get to 5 stars tho. I’ll wait and see what the new update gives before I do any remodeling or major designing 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 2

These are the color versions of the high NM items I have. If you have a color I don’t have - I’ll trade ya!

From my old island with plenty of NM I have these versions:

Red lifeguard chair
Green portapotty
Bronze street lamp
Black drink machine
White pubic bench
Black snack machine
Yellow springy ride
White tourist scope
Black park clock
Blue phone box
Blue sandbox (I think they are all blue idk)
Pink cotton candy machine
Green gym
White antenna w/ lettering
White soccer goal (I think they all are white.?)
Solar panel with grey trim
Blue tip turbine
Blue strip lighthouse
Black Godzilla
White tiled pool
Primary’s colors teacup ride

• Like 3

Off topic, but does anyone remember when the DIY recipes for Thanksgiving come out? It was after Thanksgiving last year that I first started playing. When Halloween is over I want to start decorating for Thanksgiving but I don't know when the DIYs are released. I guess I could just use fall items if it's one of those things that don't happen until the day of. It's already annoying the crud out of me that I have to wait for the pumpkin carriage until Halloween. It's so stupid. And BTW, I think it's a missed opportunity not to have a casket shaped clothes closet for Halloween. Those would have been so fun to decorate with.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, FuzzyCatz said:

Oh that is so nice!  I am going to try without starting over and we'll see.  I suspect I could use my son's switch at back up too over the holidays if I really wanted to save any bells or anything?  You'll have to keep us posted on how you're liking the do over.  🙂  I have spent this week just unloading stuff and clearing room for a veggie garden.  Ugh, I hate the way my island is terraformed right now and I might still flatten some more.  

I love so many villagers, I don't think I have had a villager I didn't love.  I especially like the cat villagers!  My favorite at the moment might be Rosie.  But right now I have and love Raymond, Bob, Punchy, Rudy, Ahnka, Olivia.  I've had and loved Marshal, Kiki, Tangy, Kabuki, Genji, Cyd, Audie, Sherb, Fauna, etc.  I collect villager photos, so I love to let them come and go.   I might be pushing 50 on this island?  I want to remodel my house so I have one room to feature villager photos.

How do you get your villagers to move on? I am not fond of Cashmere or Jacob or most of my villagers. The only one I have ever liked is Ellie. 

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

How do you get your villagers to move on? I am not fond of Cashmere or Jacob or most of my villagers. The only one I have ever liked is Ellie. 

So in theory a villager will ask to leave about every 2 weeks or maybe a little more.  If you don't want whoever asks to leave, you can shut down immediately and someone else may ask in a day or 2.  If you say "no" directly and play through, I think it may take longer for another ask?

Also, if you get a campsite villager you like, you can also quickly shut the game down and don't save if you don't like who they ask for.  You can keep trying until they pick someone you want to leave.

You can also get new villagers and kick one out with amiibo cards.

I gift ALL my villagers to try and get a photo.  I feel like being nice to to them makes them actually want to leave sooner?  Although, I missed one's birthday once and she asked to leave next so who knows!

@stephanier.1765 I played Thanksgiving last year and I know there was an event ON Thanksgiving day with the cute little Turkey NPC?  I don't remember if I got DIYs before that to make the thanksgiving furniture?

• Like 1

I am so thrilled they are updating ,I have sooooo many bells and miles, If any of you pm me I can add you to  my friend list.I play almost everyday for at least 15 minutes since I don't watch any netflix/streaming shows this is my show 😎 

Both my kids have their own switch consoles.My dd plays more than my ds does.I am so happy they are giving us more storage space. My favorite villager is Weber.I am done catching all the fish and under sea creatures I was hoping they would expand that,but the update has so many new things it will keep me busy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

My daughter kept hitting the villager she hated with a net,like when you are catching a bug.The next thing she did was to run into them like in a oops sort of way.After a couple weeks of doing this the villager asked to move she said yes. Then she quickly went to Nookazon app and bought a villager she needed by trading for bells and getting that villager to move in place.She said she saw the instructions on you tube(I think Mayor Mori should have instructions on how to on his You tube channel )GL

19 minutes ago, mominco said:

I am so thrilled they are updating ,I have sooooo many bells and miles, If any of you pm me I can add you to  my friend list.I play almost everyday for at least 15 minutes since I don't watch any netflix/streaming shows this is my show 😎 

Both my kids have their own switch consoles.My dd plays more than my ds does.I am so happy they are giving us more storage space. My favorite villager is Weber.I am done catching all the fish and under sea creatures I was hoping they would expand that,but the update has so many new things it will keep me busy.

Oh I just got Weber, he is super cute!  ❤️ 🙂  I love the lazy villagers I have 3 right now.  I also have Punchy and Bob.  

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 2:33 PM, stephanier.1765 said:

Off topic, but does anyone remember when the DIY recipes for Thanksgiving come out? It was after Thanksgiving last year that I first started playing. When Halloween is over I want to start decorating for Thanksgiving but I don't know when the DIYs are released. I guess I could just use fall items if it's one of those things that don't happen until the day of. It's already annoying the crud out of me that I have to wait for the pumpkin carriage until Halloween. It's so stupid. And BTW, I think it's a missed opportunity not to have a casket shaped clothes closet for Halloween. Those would have been so fun to decorate with.

On thanksgiving day and iirc starting 4 days before it - you get recipes and diys making special dishes when you go house to house gathering ingredients.

6 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

The easiest way is to wait until you have a camper you’d be willing to replace with. When the camper suggests a villager to replace that isn’t the one you want gone, turn off the switch without saving. (Eta for clarity: do not pressing any buttons at all when they name someone you want to keep. Just turn the entire console off at the main power button..) Then you start back up and go through it all again until the camper says the villager you want gone. I just time travel until I have a camper at the camp site. 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2021 at 2:33 PM, stephanier.1765 said:

Do you want the pumpkin carriage? I can make you one.Lmk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Oh the mushroom and falling leaf DIYs are pretty soon and make good fall decor too I think?  There is just so much that goes down and changes between fall with the acorns and the pinecones through the holidays in the game.  

That depends which hemisphere you chose for your island. I’m Southern Hemisphere. It’s spring on my island now and summer in December. 

2 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

That depends which hemisphere you chose for your island. I’m Southern Hemisphere. It’s spring on my island now and summer in December. 

Oh very true!  We're all running northern hemi around here.  🙂  

When I think of it and have my switch and a device with a keyboard in relatively close range I will PM everyone on this thread my friend code.  I won't take it personally if anyone ignores it either.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mominco said:

Do you want the pumpkin carriage? I can make you one.Lmk

Thank you for the kind offer! It's close enough now to Halloween that I think I'll just wait. It seems silly that they hold this sort of thing back until the holidays. If I still had kids at home or grandkids nearby, I'd probably be busy after 5 pm on the 31st. Luckily, my family does early holiday meals so I can still get the other special items during the evenings of Thanksgiving and Christmas (wait...did they do Toy Day before Christmas last year? I can't remember. LOL)

ANCH is my go to relax game in the evening.  I've played almost every night since it's been released.  Sometimes just a few minutes and sometimes for an hour or so.  My husband was just remarking the other night that since I've started playing I've stopped randomly rearranging furniture in our house as much. 😆.  I am beyond excited for the paid DLC, I can't remember the last time I literally jumped up and did a happy dance about a game.  I'd love to have some more friends if I can remember how to access my switch friend code 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raspberry said:

ANCH is my go to relax game in the evening.  I've played almost every night since it's been released.  Sometimes just a few minutes and sometimes for an hour or so.  My husband was just remarking the other night that since I've started playing I've stopped randomly rearranging furniture in our house as much. 😆.  I am beyond excited for the paid DLC, I can't remember the last time I literally jumped up and did a happy dance about a game.  I'd love to have some more friends if I can remember how to access my switch friend code 🙂

Oh man! The paid content is usually a hard no for me on anything but my switch came with a one year family membership and if you add the expansion pack membership - the DLC update is included!  I totally did that!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Oh man! The paid content is usually a hard no for me on anything but my switch came with a one year family membership and if you add the expansion pack membership - the DLC update is included!  I totally did that!

PSA: stupid questions alert -

I think I have a Nintendo membership. How would I go about getting the expansion pack? Does it have to be a family membership? DH plays games but I don't know if he plays Nintendo games. I don't even know what system(s) he has. LOL Honestly, this is the first system and game I have ever played since the original Atari and Pong came out so I have no idea how what I'm doing. DH doesn't have a Switch so he's no help, either. When my boys were growing up, I just took them at their word about whatever games they wanted and bought those as gifts. Well, not the rated M games. I did know that much.

The switch I bought included a 1 year family membership (though I only need an individual. All my grown kids have their own stuff and my younger ones don’t share devices or don’t have any devices at all due to their age.) but they have individual memberships too. If you have one already - you can just add the type of level expansion to your level of membership.

Does anyone have Leif on their island today? I'm guessing we can only get crop seeds from him and I was dumb and opened Cyrus's shop first on Harv's Island, not thinking that I needed Leif. Now I'll have to wait a few more days before I see him and it's making me nuts. LOL I was also dumb and wasted my Nook Mile item orders by forgetting you can only buy 5. I bought 5 long before I was down the list to the things I was really looking forward to. 🤦‍♀️

39 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Does anyone have Leif on their island today? I'm guessing we can only get crop seeds from him and I was dumb and opened Cyrus's shop first on Harv's Island, not thinking that I needed Leif. Now I'll have to wait a few more days before I see him and it's making me nuts. LOL I was also dumb and wasted my Nook Mile item orders by forgetting you can only buy 5. I bought 5 long before I was down the list to the things I was really looking forward to. 🤦‍♀️

I did the same thing! But I figure at least that gives me more time to figure out where the stuff is going to go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrsMommy said:

I did the same thing! But I figure at least that gives me more time to figure out where the stuff is going to go.

How many spots are you allowing for each crop? I want to get started on mine but I'm worried I will make too few and not have enough to cook with. I was thinking of doing 9 for each crop like they did in the Direct. If I had done that with pumpkins though, it would have taken me forever to make anything. The not knowing what to do is killing me. LOL

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

How many spots are you allowing for each crop? I want to get started on mine but I'm worried I will make too few and not have enough to cook with. I was thinking of doing 9 for each crop like they did in the Direct. If I had done that with pumpkins though, it would have taken me forever to make anything. The not knowing what to do is killing me. LOL

I'm only doing five...I don't think I can fit any more than that in the space I have.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

Oh no!  I’m just now coming back here. I’ve been on island nearly all day and night and I had Leif too. So far I’ve got tomato potato wheat sugar cane and carrots growing.  Are we switch friends? PM me if you want to.

11 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I’m doing 9-10 each. I figure I’ll use a bunch up at first and then I can scale back the crop once I have plenty in storage. Bc finally I have enough storage space now!

Im trying to get my happy home expansion working atm. 

• Like 1

Leif opened this morning for me!  He had pumpkins and sugar cane, so I was able to start some sugar cane.  I read somewhere he will only switch offeringsonce a week?  I don't time travel and I'm trying hard not to read or watch too many spoilers!  I started the DLC this morning too, so cute!  It is a good thing I have to charge it now and again lol.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Leif opened this morning for me!  He had pumpkins and sugar cane, so I was able to start some sugar cane.  I read somewhere he will only switch offeringsonce a week?  I don't time travel and I'm trying hard not to read or watch too many spoilers!  I started the DLC this morning too, so cute!  It is a good thing I have to charge it now and again lol.  

I enjoyed the DLC more than I thought I would. At first, it was kind of stressful trying to figure out what would make Eloise happy, but then I got into decorating mode and just had fun.

Good job opening Leif first thing. Smart! I don't time travel either so waiting for things to happen is kind of stretching my patience at the moment. LOL I did Cyrus first and while I'm having a lot of fun customizing things (finally) to the colors I want, having access to seeds would have been the better move. So today, I paid off the lloid and should have Leif tomorrow. 🙌

About spoilers - DS's GF and I watched a youtube video yesterday that was nothing but pictures of all the new items. You would have thought we were teenage boys the way we were celebrating. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

I didn’t time travel until I was well into the game and just got frustrated by the lack of advancement if you can’t put in a lot of time.

But most of my progress was via social networking. Make friends who play and share resources. I’ve been in a little chat group in fb for over a year of just nice helpful folks enjoying the game together. We are all rejoicing over finally having something to spend our bellionaire bells on. LOL seriously we couldn’t give the bells away for months. 

• Haha 1