Menu

COVID--give up mask or not--input WWYD?

sbgrace

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

I can say that after seeing some cats that had bad trips on it in vet clinics, I NEVER want that stuff. And the twitter thread seemed the same - some REALLY like it, but those that don't are scary and fighting. Seeing how a few cats reacted to it was TERRIFYING - they were fighting non existant enemies in the cage, etc. Was crazy. 

that said, I'm ridiculously happy on nitrous the few times I've had it. And love me some vicodin. Enough that it is good that i know the tylenol in it is dangerous in larger amounts, or I might be tempted to take it more, lol. Oh, and Nucynta...that stuff is fantastic. Both make me very happy and warm and fuzzy inside. And Nucynta doesn't make me itchy like Vicodin does. But they both give me insomnia where I drift in and out of a light sleep, no deep sleep at all. But..I don't care, either, lol. 

So yeah, opiods yes, hallucinogenic, nope. 

See, and I puke on vics every. single . time.  That's why it's just so hard to know for any given person what their response will be. I get itchy for morphine, but that's a normal histamine reaction that a lot of people experience. Nothing that a little Benedryl doesn't knock out. If your mouth is getting itchy, you start having trouble breathing, your face swells up, or you break out in hives, then that's different. But, people think that just because they're itchy that they're allergic and they end up cutting themselves off from an entire class of medications that provide pretty effective pain relief for most people.

Hallucinogenics, you know, are trippy, and people certainly can react poorly to a disassociative state. Versed (midazolam) is a benzo that is often used for sedation and it's a total amnesiac for me. We used Propofol and Versed the most in the ICUs that I've worked in, but I know some states have more strict regulation re Propofol (not sure why). Anyway, working early tomorrow morning so, it's melatonin and magnesium time of me. Not quite as interesting as Special K. 😉 

Edited by SeaConquest
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SeaConquest said:

See, and I puke on vics every. single . time.  That's why it's just so hard to know for any given person what their response will be. I get itchy for morphine, but that's a normal histamine reaction that a lot of people experience. Nothing that a little Benedryl doesn't knock out. If your mouth is getting itchy, you start having trouble breathing, your face swells up, or you break out in hives, then that's different. But, people think that just because they're itchy that they're allergic and they end up cutting themselves off from an entire class of medications that provide pretty effective pain relief for most people.

Hallucinogenics, you know, are trippy, and people certainly can react poorly to a disassociative state. Versed (midazolam) is a benzo that is often used for sedation and it's a total amnesiac for me. We used Propofol and Versed the most in the ICUs that I've worked in, but I know some states have more strict regulation re Propofol (not sure why). Anyway, working early tomorrow morning so, it's melatonin and magnesium time of me. Not quite as interesting as Special K. 😉 

Yes - I am careful not to say I am allergic to opiods as in some circumstances I am happy to put up with the itching or as you said, top off with some benedryl. And it usually takes repeated doses until I get REALLY itchy. The only thing that makes me puke is Diluadid. That works really well, but they gave it IV and for about 5 minutes after each dose it was all I could do to keep from puking. That was with a scopalamine patch, and a wrist stimulator thing. I did learn to turn the wrist stimulator up to high when they gave it, and 5 minutes later I was fine. 

The nucynta has zero side effects though, as long as we don't count potentiall addiction issues, lol. 

• Like 3