Menu

Can't say no to animals in need

SquirrellyMama

We are getting one new cat, maybe 2. We have 3 already, but one is going to love with my daughter who is moving into an apartment. 

One new cat is 10 and very fat. His owner is moving to a new apartment and can only take one cat. The one we are getting didn't make the cut 😞 I didn't think a 10 yr old overweight cat would get adopted very quickly. 

The 2nd cat is a cute underweight orange boy who was found in town and is with the police at the moment. My dh has been wanting an orange kitty. 

He tells me that I am hopeless, but he brought home the last dog 🙂

Kelly

• Like 8

I get it. We had 9 cats in our house for about a week. We have three cats of our own plus six fosters (now five). Our goal is to foster them (socialize, spay/neuter, shots, healthy) until we can get them to new families.

One was a friendly stray whose feeders moved & no one in the neighborhood would promise to feed him (even if provided the food). We got him updated on shots; he was already neutered; Dd#2 took him to get groomed & kept him in her room until we found him a new loving home.

We have two eight week old previously feral kittens who we are socializing. They have spay/neuter appointments next month and an adoptive family waiting to take them after that. 

Lastly, we have three four week old bottle babies who dd#2 has raised since they were between 1 & 3 days old. Two of them have an adopter who we keep up to date on thetir progress. She found those two on a super hot day - one with ants crawling on her in a parking lot - with placenta dried on their bodies.

Still looking for someone who wants to adopt the little black one.

signal-2021-07-07-124310.jpg

signal-2021-07-07-131721.jpg

20210705_093457.jpg

signal-2021-07-05-202147.jpg

Attach11883_20210629_151302.jpg

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 10

You're not hoarding unless you have more animals than you can reasonably take care of. Most people can manage four cats and two dogs (or the other way around). Personally, I think three or four is exactly the right number of cats for a household so long as they've all been fixed!

But please - pics!

• Like 3