Menu

UPDATE Walnut Pie Recipe! (Walmart had messed up my order!)

Familia

Updated, with recipe, in later post.  The walnut pie was a hit!

Does anyone here eat walnut pie?  I am to the point in making my pecan pie where I stir the PECANS in and realize that Walmart picked walnuts instead in my order!  Ugh!  I guess I can google this, but I want to know if any of my sane hive friends eat this? No other nuts in house.  Well, there are almonds & cashews.

Edited by Familia
  • Sad 1

• Familia changed the title to Help!! Walnut Pie?? Walmart messed up my order!
3 minutes ago, Familia said:

Ohh, I do have maple flavoring (great in smoothies) and use molasses for part of the sweetening, this may be alright.  Maybe just a small splash of cinnamon, could be too much, but may spice up the waxy/plain walnuts.  

I think that sounds lovely.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Familia said:

Ohh, I do have maple flavoring (great in smoothies) and use molasses for part of the sweetening, this may be alright.  Maybe just a small splash of cinnamon, could be too much, but may spice up the waxy/plain walnuts.  

Sounds yummy!

• Like 1

Into the oven it goes!  I’ll report back tomorrow. My friend is French.  The only difference that makes is that she has said she considers it very bad manners to not eat and remark on the goodness of anything served, so I want it to be good…especially to her children LOL 

59A1CEF4-6EFC-460F-AD92-3283A67FD82A.jpeg

• Like 12

Be careful, @AmandaVTI might take you up on that=)

I will have some also @PeterPan & will report.  And, thanks for remarking on the pie crust, I have made three since injuring my ankle, and this is the first one back to almost normal. Completely knocked me off my game & do not know why the other ones were so incredibly terrible looking (quiches).  

• Like 2

I used to make these all the time for my FIL before he passed... every New Year's Day (his birthday) I would bring him a walnut pie-- I used my favorite pecan pie recipe and just substituted walnuts...

I've also made them with half pecans and half walnuts... still yummy!

Hope you enjoyed yours!

Edited by Jann in TX
  • Like 4

Well, it was a hit!  I will post a link to my plan to eat recipe, let me know if you want the recipe, but link will not open for you.  And, harsh!…I may have gotten the recipe skeleton from All Recipes, as plan to eat is showing, but I know I changed at least 3 ingredient/proportions, making it my own 😇

The same as my pecan pie, with ¼ tsp cinnamon added & the walnut substitution.

https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/8603943

8A8850D6-8AF9-458C-9988-5E4B74A987C0.jpeg

Edited by Familia
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Familia changed the title to UPDATE Walnut Pie Recipe! (Walmart had messed up my order!)