Menu

Cruel Summer!

Murphy101

17 minutes ago, Teachaheart said:

Yes! And every time I watch a new episode, I want to go back and watch them all again. 

Truth! I’m like wait a second.... is that the same plaid shirt the other girl was wearing before? And just all the little details leave you just - 🤯

So far I think Mallory is the most messed up of all of them.  She gives me the creeps.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Truth! I’m like wait a second.... is that the same plaid shirt the other girl was wearing before? And just all the little details leave you just - 🤯

So far I think Mallory is the most messed up of all of them.  She gives me the creeps.

Yes. A friend and I were just discussing that yesterday. 
After the most recent episode, I’m even more confused about Jeanette and her role in the whole situation. 

• Like 1

I so happy to have some other grown women watching to chat with!

You know what there should be? TV Clubs. Like books club mom nights. But for where we chat about our latest favorite shows. 

I wouldn’t mind a book club. But no one ever wants to read what I read. LOL

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say. I think the portrayal of Kate and Martin in the latest episode was excellently done.

So I’m thinking Jeannette took the snow globe to try to mend her better off without her friendship to Mallory who would absolutely have been thrilled to have been given something stolen and to have a “friend” willing to do that for her. I think they are portraying the average teen in Kate really well. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

I just want to say. I think the portrayal of Kate and Martin in the latest episode was excellently done.

I was surprised that I had a bit of a hard time with it. (The actual content, not the well done writing.)
There were rumors about a popular girl and teacher in my school. It was pretty much an everyone (but her closest friends) hated her and everyone loved him.  They got married not all that long after graduation. I believe they’re divorced now.
Anyway, it was all a ridiculous joke to us at the time. Even as younger adults, it was mainly just something to gossip about. I hadn’t thought about it in ages.  Now I feel super gross.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I was surprised that I had a bit of a hard time with it. (The actual content, not the well done writing.)
There were rumors about a popular girl and teacher in my school. It was pretty much an everyone (but her closest friends) hated her and everyone loved him.  They got married not all that long after graduation. I believe they’re divorced now.
Anyway, it was all a ridiculous joke to us at the time. Even as younger adults, it was mainly just something to gossip about. I hadn’t thought about it in ages.  Now I feel super gross.

Right?! I have had similar experiences. And I don’t care how mature a teen is - it’s all bullshit that they know what they are doing or getting into.  They may think they do but they really do not. It’s so… minute how intricate the web is that they can so easily find themselves in and how our society makes it really hard for them to even see the web, much less help them out of it.  And our society is so quick to blame parents. If they’d paid more attention or what all else. As though becoming a parent means only parenting related relationship crisis are ever allowed to happen again.  That’s not how life works and these predators are always ready to take advantage of that one weak time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, sassenach said:

I watched this all in about 2 days. Thanks for the recommendation. I doubt I'll watch the next season- this feels like a pretty complete story arc. The kiss at the end didn't work for me. It seemed out of left field. 

I agree. But I think Mallory is a person like Martin and Kate is very emotionally traumatized, making her easy picking for Mallory.  And Kate probably has a false sense of safety with Mallory bc she isn’t a man. 

Season 2 most likely will not be the same story. It will most likely be another short story. 

Similar to how Why Women Kill season 2 is all different character. I have not seen season 2 of WWK. But season one was perfect!

27 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

I agree. But I think Mallory is a person like Martin and Kate is very emotionally traumatized, making her easy picking for Mallory.  And Kate probably has a false sense of safety with Mallory bc she isn’t a man. 

Season 2 most likely will not be the same story. It will most likely be another short story. 

Similar to how Why Women Kill season 2 is all different character. I have not seen season 2 of WWK. But season one was perfect!

There are a few shows doing this style now. Love Life is another one that sticks with the same theme but will have a new cast in the second season. I think I would like that!