Menu

Let's Tackle Sunday Together

TravelingChris

Good morning!   This portable vac is hard to get used to and I think I spent the night not getting any benefit.  The machine is supposed to be 19 inches from the wound and 2 feet from any electronics.  My bed is more than 19 inches off the ground and I didn't figure that out till this morning-  I have to sleep with it in my bed or maybe with my walker next to the bed.  The thing has three bright shiny lights.  This is all going to be a challenge. Oh- and according to the manufacturer, it isn't supposed to be used in places with over 70% relative humidity and it is so often over 70% humidity around here, especially in the spring.

Take a shower with the tubing  (first time trying this=-I can dis-attach some of the tubing and it isn't attached to the machine while I am taking a shower) and then figure out how to dress with this.

Take all meds

Help dh make French Toast

watch church

,maybe go to the Botanical Garden with dh and dd1

Figure out dinner

more later

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

((TravelingChris)) That sounds miserable. Hope you are much better soon!!

Church AM and PM

Work in my classroom

Work on Google Classroom

Clean the bathrooms

Cook for the freezer

Get Ds to do the floors

Probably no time for anything else.

Edited by math teacher
t fix name
  • Like 6

Oh, Chris, what a pain! I hope you figure it all out. Can you cover it at night so you can sleep? Or is that not feasible?  Hopefully the indoor humidity is what matters, right? So inside it ought to be drier than 70% humidity (we live in a similar climate). Oof. I hope you're able to figure it all out. 

My day today consists of:
...coffee
....print/load bag with stuff for K & 1st (K stuff printed)
....grade papers
....finish up the quilting on my quilt (only 2 sections left to go, and it's turning out beautifully)
....church with the family (online)
....lunch/dinner (not sure which) is beef fajitas, DH is grilling
....go to the store for dry kidney beans to soak to "dissect" in K tomorrow and then also send home to plant
....make sure I have the other stuff needed to send home for planting
....laundry...? I have 2 loads to fold/put away, then not sure what is next
....anything else I'm forgetting

• Like 5

Celebrate with me!! Today I get my “legs” back!!

Friends, my dad, my son in law, son, and DH built me a raised floor in our mud room so we can use the ramp in the garage to get my chair out of our house! We already bought the wheelchair van so this opens the works back to me with fewer limitations! ♥️ Today we finish - install a 36” door (so blessed - went to Lowe’s yesterday and picked up a $400+ steel door for $90 because it was on clearance.)

My dad is coming over today ♥️ while my mom is in Texas. 

Had church this AM. 
Coffee

The  girls are working together to make bread and soup for lunch.

Grilling tonight - high of 65!

Going to clean the living room, move our sectional (I’m the manager and the worker bees will be helping.) Paint one wall.

Cleaning carpet tomorrow.

We are WAY ahead of our grad party prep plans for May!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BlsdMama said:

Celebrate with me!! Today I get my “legs” back!!

Friends, my dad, my son in law, son, and DH built me a raised floor in our mud room so we can use the ramp in the garage to get my chair out of our house! We already bought the wheelchair van so this opens the works back to me with fewer limitations! ♥️ Today we finish - install a 36” door (so blessed - went to Lowe’s yesterday and picked up a $400+ steel door for $90 because it was on clearance.)

My dad is coming over today ♥️ while my mom is in Texas. 

Had church this AM. 
Coffee

The  girls are working together to make bread and soup for lunch.

Grilling tonight - high of 65!

Going to clean the living room, move our sectional (I’m the manager and the worker bees will be helping.) Paint one wall.

Cleaning carpet tomorrow.

We are WAY ahead of our grad party prep plans for May!

I am very happy for you.  What a great family you have!

• Like 4

Good afternoon!

Christina, I'm so sorry that is so much to get adjusted to and figure out. I pray it will get easier and will do all you need it to do!

Kelly, that will be such a blessing to you! 

We went to church, and ds is going home with friends. He and their son are both going to Lee next year and plan to room together. They are going to attend a special event today together. 

• work more on lesson plans for the week
  • meal plan and grocery list
  • look over chemistry notes I scanned last week (tutor tomorrow night). Why do schools not use textbooks anymore? They just give them pages and pages of handouts. He still had to read an online textbook, but I wasn't impressed with the content. 
  • watch something, play a game, find a bit of time to relax. 

• Like 4

Howdy, happy Sunday!

Prayers for those of you working out health issues and accommodations.

Quick update on Saturday, since I didn't post yesterday:  we brought our puppy Kai home.  He is so sweet!  It is a learning process for all of us, of course, but so far so good.  I also got rid of about 4 boxes and 3 bags of hand-me-downs for my nieces.  Also visited my folks with the puppy.

Overnight, Kid1 "slept" in the puppy's room.  Puppy is more or less house trained, but of course he can't hold it long, so he woke Kid up a number of times, LOL.  (We were advised to take away water in the evening, but because the day was weird, we didn't think he had enough water by then to keep him hydrated.  We'll revisit tonight, since he's had access to water all day.)

So today, my kids need to figure out how to keep up with a puppy plus homework.  They go back to regular in-person school tomorrow, so they have today to finish all homework due through tomorrow afternoon.

I was also hoping to watch 2 church services today.  We'll see.

I have some client work that needs done today.

Maids are coming, but the house is pretty much ready for them, because we haven't been home much since we cleaned for company on Friday.  I should run at least 1 load of laundry before they come though.

• Like 6

Good morning!   Chris, I hope things go better today...it sounds frustrating.  Kelly, so happy for you!   SKL, new puppy!  

I am not motivated to do anything today, really.  Lots to do, though.

• laundry
  • straighten pantry and fridge
  • watch some basketball
  • dh and I might go out, not sure yet
  • make a plan for garage and storage (we have lots of last minute stuff we put in boxes when we moved my mom, not organized by type at all)

That's it for now!  Have a great day!

• Like 5

Had church

Finished all the school prep except the bean plant stuff; DH is going to collect the right soil/dirt/compost/whatever from his piles in the backyard

Had lunch and a nap

Finished quilting one section of the quilt, one more to go. It is turning out freaking amazing, if I do say so myself. 

Taking a quick break and then back to it. I have not touched laundry yet. 

• Like 3

SKL,I'm glad things are going well with the puppy!

Dh and I came home and ate lunch here. I made a meal plan and grocery list. 

Then we played a few rounds of Nertz and watched a Modern Family before I left to go shopping.

I got back, and we put up the groceries. I made dh a grilled cheese, and he made a salad. I'm not that hungry yet. 

I've been doing chemistry problems to get ready for tutoring tomorrow evening. 

• Like 3

So while at home for a while, the machine kept beeping that the tge line was clogged or the container was full (definitely not) and what I have to do then is turn off the machine and turn back on. But that is a real pain if you are walking w stroller in garden.  

We went to it w both dd1 and dsil.  It was so very nice.  Though I got very tired by the end.  I had already taken extra steroid to do it and had to take a bit more once I got to the car because I didn't want to fall. 

Now I am waiting for ramen and already have my iced mocha for an early dinner at an nice outdoor repurposed former stove factory.  

Well the ramen came and they gave me a kimchi broth or maybe spicy broth ( not sure which one went w me and which in my daughter's) plus added hot chili strands to my order so then dh got me a rice crepe with chicken teriyaki, vegetables, etc and another one w mango raspberry pistachio and some choicolate too.  

We are on the way home and I will finish my chicken crepe and eat my portion of the mango raspberry crepe.

• Like 4

Hi y’all. Busy day here and just now getting a minute to breathe.

Done:

Church with snacks and visiting outside afterwards.

Tidied the kitchen, twice!

Made next year’s AHG calendar

Took dd to a birthday party, then to a sewing lesson.

Kitchen prep - chx deboned, black beans cooked, fridge organized

Called mom

Sent some emails

Having tea now, then heading out to pick up Dd

Later: fold and put away some laundry, think about my week, tidy my staging area, snack, listen to a podcast,

• Like 4

Finished a little client work, housework / maid stuff, reading, "yoga etc.", TKD practice, and getting the kids to attend to their responsibilities.

Now I'm finally doing the laundry - load 1 in the washer.  Probably 2 or 3 loads to go, in between client work, kid nudging, and puppy fussing.

I feel weird.  It doesn't feel like a Sunday at all.  Need to remind myself that I have work to do ....

• Like 4

finished prepping the beans and dirt

remembered to watch basketball -- UH is in the Sweet 16 now, yay! (it was soooo close!)

dh made fajitas for dinner -- yum

*almost* finished quilting the last section, but had to stop to help with dinner (many interruptions -- the neighbor came and picked up the playhouse curtains, among other things), so will finish that.....probably Tuesday, as I doubt I'll be up for quilting tomorrow, but we'll see

heading for a shower and then we'll watch Falcon & Winter Soldier that we didn't watch on Friday (we finished Season 1 of Stranger Things last night finally; this was a re-watch for us/first time for our younger 2 boys; everyone liked it, so maybe we'll do Season 2 sometime with them too)

after TV, bed -- and still never did laundry, but no one is out of anything, really (well, youngest and jeans, but it's warm enough for shorts)

see y'all on Tuesday!

• Like 2