Menu

Anyone want to talk about Wandavision?

Terabith

I didn’t feel like she did much to make up for her actions, either. Did the town people even escape the hex? I need to rewatch but I don’t recall seeing anyone actually exit. Just noticed they ran. 

How much of Agnes’ time there was she ever under control of Wanda? That interaction with her in the car next to Vision vs the end vs her big reveal as a witch. I don’t even know what to believe. Or really what she wants. 

I agree the last couple episodes felt disjointed to me. Suddenly people have these (for lack of better description) shock collars on? We couldn’t see before. It was kinda too horror-like for my liking. 

• Like 2

re link to Dr Strange

8 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Dh seems to believe that Wanda has not gone dark. He believes the end credit scene is the lead in to Dr strange in which he recruits her to help him. He doesn't believe she is the big bad in the next Dr strange movie.

There is definitely evidence of a link between the two; the question is if the link is Friend or Foe.

My daughter and I re-watched Strange last night to see if that particular book is featured in the Strange library (does not appear to be).  But my daughter noted that the Strange theme melody is introduced -- but in a minor key -- overlaying the Wanda theme in that scenic after-credit scene where Alter Wanda is reading Agnes' book.

We'd also both managed to block out the second after-credit scene in Strange, where Mordo's going around hoovering up the restrained-use powers of poor spinal injury victims because he's worked out that the problem in the world is... too many sorcerers. That can't possibly bode well for Wanda whether she's leaning toward the light or away.

8 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

I didn’t feel like she did much to make up for her actions, either. Did the town people even escape the hex? I need to rewatch but I don’t recall seeing anyone actually exit. Just noticed they ran. 

How much of Agnes’ time there was she ever under control of Wanda? That interaction with her in the car next to Vision vs the end vs her big reveal as a witch. I don’t even know what to believe. Or really what she wants. 

I agree the last couple episodes felt disjointed to me. Suddenly people have these (for lack of better description) shock collars on? We couldn’t see before. It was kinda too horror-like for my liking. 

Was Agnes *ever* under the control of Wanda?  Or just... trying various wiles to figure her out?  I think it's possible to read that interaction in the car as Agnes *actually in control, but acting as if she isn't* to tease out clues from Vision, or otherwise mess with his head to disorient him.

Did we see shock collars on anyone except Pietro?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

Was Agnes *ever* under the control of Wanda?  Or just... trying various wiles to figure her out?  I think it's possible to read that interaction in the car as Agnes *actually in control, but acting as if she isn't* to tease out clues from Vision, or otherwise mess with his head to disorient him.

This is how I saw it. Agnes was in control of herself the whole time, which is how she was able to control the fake Pietro.  She was "playing along."   When Vision touched her head, she pretended to be "released" but was never under the enchantment to begin with.

I didn't see "shock collars" unless heartlikealion is referring to when Wanda strangled them out of her emotion when they surrounded her to complain and ask that she set them free? I thought that was unintentional by Wanda--a pure emotional response, and she quickly reversed it. Those red choke holds were not there before. Athough all of them were under the "spell" before Agnes released them, it always appeared to be something near the temples (when Vision released the various people like his coworker, Agnes, and Darcy).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

re link to Dr Strange

There is definitely evidence of a link between the two; the question is if the link is Friend or Foe.

My daughter and I re-watched Strange last night to see if that particular book is featured in the Strange library (does not appear to be).  But my daughter noted that the Strange theme melody is introduced -- but in a minor key -- overlaying the Wanda theme in that scenic after-credit scene where Alter Wanda is reading Agnes' book.

We'd also both managed to block out the second after-credit scene in Strange, where Mordo's going around hoovering up the restrained-use powers of poor spinal injury victims because he's worked out that the problem in the world is... too many sorcerers. That can't possibly bode well for Wanda whether she's leaning toward the light or away.

OOoh,  I like the way you think! I forgot about Mordo.

• Like 2

re Strange & Wanda

8 minutes ago, Lady Marmalade said:

OOoh,  I like the way you think! I forgot about Mordo.

Yeah, both of us had totally forgotten that after-scene where Mordo is basically... sorcerer hunting.  That CAN'T be good.

There's also a bit in Strange when he's fairly new to the ... ashram?  where he's early in his discipleship and Mordo is functioning as his ally through the struggle... where real-Strange is sleeping in bed and there's an alter-Strange assiduously reading one of the library books.  It's definitely framed/filmed similarly to the scene where alter-Wanda is reading, except there does seem to be some sort of... wrapping?  here's hoping it's a containment hex... in the alter-Wanda reading tableaux that the alter-Strange reading tableaux doesn't have.

My daughter observed that Strange's creation of an astral projection to do his reading for him while he slept served an actual function -- his body needed to sleep; through the projection he was able to amass the knowledge more quickly, in a time where he really was desperately trying to absorb as much as he could as fast as he could. Whereas all Wanda is doing while HER astral projection is reading is.... drinking a cup of tea, which as my daughter rather hilariously pointed out, is an activity eminently combinable with reading a book.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

re link to Dr Strange

If you google search "Doctor Strange missing book" you'll see images and theories. In Doctor Strange, in the library where the most dangerous books are stored, there is a space that is empty. The theory is that is where the Darkhold should be. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seasider too said:

Also, Rachel McAdams is on the DS2 cast list. I’m wondering if she is going to fill the strong compassionate woman gap left by Black Widow’s death and Pepper Potts likely absence from the storyline. 

Well, she's reprising her role from DS1. I liked her character well enough, but I can't see her having any place outside of the Doctor Strange franchise. (I've got no problem seeing less of Pepper Potts, lol. She annoys me to no end...)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Well, she's reprising her role from DS1. I liked her character well enough, but I can't see her having any place outside of the Doctor Strange franchise. (I've got no problem seeing less of Pepper Potts, lol. She annoys me to no end...)

Pepper Potts annoys me too, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Darcy does as well. I know people want more Darcy, but I would be happy with less.

• Like 1