Menu

Anyone want to talk about Wandavision?

Terabith

Wanda seems genuinely confused about Pietro.  I don't think she's responsible for bringing him there.  And at first, I was thinking he was a multiverse crossover, but he's got MCU memories, at least sort of.  And he's completely aware of what Wanda is doing, unlike every other character in Westview.  My theory is that he's a bad guy, maybe Mephisto?  And that the whole "For the children" from the 70s episode that everyone kept chanting robotically at the talent show is that Mephisto or some other bad guy was trying to create the children.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

Wanda seems genuinely confused about Pietro.  I don't think she's responsible for bringing him there.  And at first, I was thinking he was a multiverse crossover, but he's got MCU memories, at least sort of.  And he's completely aware of what Wanda is doing, unlike every other character in Westview.  My theory is that he's a bad guy, maybe Mephisto?  And that the whole "For the children" from the 70s episode that everyone kept chanting robotically at the talent show is that Mephisto or some other bad guy was trying to create the children.  

I don’t think she intended to make him either. And she seemed to be honest with him that she doesn’t know how she created the town situation.  

• Like 2

Pietro knows a lot. Suspicious. He died before Vision did; heck, he died before they were even a couple -- how would he know about her "dead husband." 

Also, he's made a lot of comments (raise hell, demon spawn). I'm guessing they're pointing to him being Mephisto. 

Who else is hoping we get to see Darcy in the WandaVision world/episode? 😄

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Pietro knows a lot. Suspicious. He died before Vision did; heck, he died before they were even a couple -- how would he know about her "dead husband." 

Also, he's made a lot of comments (raise hell, demon spawn). I'm guessing they're pointing to him being Mephisto. 

Who else is hoping we get to see Darcy in the WandaVision world/episode? 😄

Yeah, at first I thought Agnes's husband Ralph was Mephisto, but now I'm wondering if Pietro might be a construct of Mephisto?  I definitely think there's something about Agnes.  They're pushing the witch thing pretty hard, and she is really interested in the kids.  But when Vision did his thing to her head, that didn't really go along with that theory, so I'm not sure.  

I've also wondered if the stork from the 70's episode was Mephisto.  

• Like 2

I was wondering about the fact that "Westville" Wanda has no accent, but the Wanda that went outside the energy field was dressed like Scarlett Witch and had an accent. My thought was that there is a multiverse Wanda controlling "our" Wanda, and she happens to be from the X-Men universe (hence the Pietro/Peter issue). But...that might not make sense.

I'm looking forward to Monica Rambeau gaining her powers. She's supposed to be part of Captain Marvel 2 next year.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Alicia64 said:

I love the show. Watch it w/ my Avengers-obsessed teen. I hadn't realized that Wanda is the little sister of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Duh, I know.

My husband told me. He can’t remember anything I say and calls our kids by the wrong names half the time but he has the genealogy and origins of every marvel/dc/movie/song down right to the fine print on the first release poster. 🙄😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

So, it was Agnes all along.  But where are the twins?  Does Ralph exist?  What was the deal with the bug on the curtain?  Is Pietro really Pietro?  Or is he someone Agnes summoned?  Why is she doing this?  Why is Wanda losing control?  Did she even create Westview?  Did Agnes create it?  Why is Agnes messing with Wanda?  

• Like 3

Or another possibility—Agnes really was just one of the many puppets in Westview, which seems to fit her acting prior to this episode, but as Wanda is starting to lose it, she wants the real problem to be something she can fight against instead of herself, so Wanda creates an antagonist and retcons her in.

• Like 6

I still don't think it's all Agnes. That was the most internet-predicted, obvious reveal -- there's got to be a bigger twist/reveal somewhere. I'm going with Ralph = Mephisto...and he's somehow connected to that weird bug-on-the-drapes thing.  Also, there's something strange with the broach Agnes usually wears (and she convulsively clutches at her neck when she's in the car...but her broach isn't there...)

My daughters and I were really hoping Darcy would be written in as a coffee shop barista (after the hex swallowed her). Bummer, lol. 

Also, DH was thinking Monica's friends that she called were going to be a Fantastic 4 tie-in. Nope. 

• Like 3

I think Agnes has been using Wanda's powers somehow. I was also thrown off big time by her act for Vision last week.

With Pietro... I thought he was the first step in introducing the multiverse. Like, what kind of hole to other worlds has Agnes got in her basement?!?

And that post credit scene!

Dh said that he wasn't sure he would watch the sitcom Wandavision were it real, but he'd be in for Agnes All Along.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

I also love that we finally got Marvel's signature end-credit scene with this episode!

We literally watched for such a thing every single other week. And then this week, dh went to turn it off because there hasn't been one and I was like, WAIT, because a friend had posted to be sure to watch to the end of the credits. Finally!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

I also love that we finally got Marvel's signature end-credit scene with this episode!

It was so fun to be surprised by it!  Our theory is that we finally got to the decade of end credit scenes.

I love seeing all the different styles in the different episodes and also when things were glitching.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Right? Just when we figured out the sitcom of the week was a mashup of the office and modern family, they go and throw in a little next decade stranger things. I’m wondering if the sitcom model is going to break down next week and it all becomes more of a marvel action show. How many episodes are there supposed to be?

We also said, hey, it's the Upside Down!!!

• Like 1

We've loved the show! 

Dh thinks the twins are how they are bringing XMen into MCU now that Disney owns them. And he thought Agnes was Agatha had something to do with it all along, even after last week. 

Ds has theories about the book they showed in the basement. He wonders if it belonged to Ralph and Agatha turned him into the rabbit and took it, and if it's a book that has how to bring people back from the dead, alter reality, and such. I can't remember what he called it. 

They both wonder if Mephisto is behind it all using Agatha. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I really think Ralph might be Mephisto, and also that he is the bug on the drapes.  I think he was a bug on the drapes in the comics.  I think we've gotten to the decade of end credits.  

I thought the twins were super powerful characters in the comics?

I still think there's something from the episode where they put on the talent show with all the weird "For the Children" chanting.

• Like 1

Other question:  Was Wanda blipped out by Thanos?  So did she just immediately rematerialize like Monica Rambeau and go steal Vision's body and create an alternate reality in New Jersey?  Is Hayward a bad guy?  Why is Wanda losing control of all the objects?  Is it that the hex is too big?  Is Agnes interfering with her somehow?  Did Wanda even create Westview or did she just find herself there?  

Other question:  Why could people who lived near Westview not see it, but people who aren't from there can?  Why haven't, say, airplanes flying from DC to NYC seen the hex now?  It's gigantic.  I know most of the Avengers are not around, but Strange is on the planet and alive, I think.  

• Like 2

Comic book content alert:

[[[ From what I understand, in the comics Wanda creates the children using fragments of Mephisto to form souls (and then he later reabsorbs them). Iirc, she goes a little nuts and has her memory of them wiped. Then later, they are reincarnated into human families (retaining their twin-ness and powers), eventually joining the Young Avengers as teens. ]]]

Obviously, Marvel is taking their own spin on things now. I wonder if doing away with the twins is a little dark for Marvel (comics are always dark/bizarre, but it's harder to stomach on tv)...but it could set Wanda up to be the villain for the next Dr. Strange movie. (But I sure hope not!)

I have seen chatter that Dr. Strange will make an appearance in WandaVision. Idk if it's true. 

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Yeah, I really think Ralph might be Mephisto, and also that he is the bug on the drapes.  I think he was a bug on the drapes in the comics.  I think we've gotten to the decade of end credits.  

I thought the twins were super powerful characters in the comics?

I still think there's something from the episode where they put on the talent show with all the weird "For the Children" chanting.

I agree Ralph is possibly Mephisto and really behind it.  Though Agnes has actually mainly been on the fantastic 4/avengers side in the comic books.  Like she is a little naughty but push come to shove she is on the good guys side.

The twins are interesting they have been made up but they have also been real made from parts of mephostos soul.  So many easter eggs and hints from the comics but nothing actually ever lines up fully so always on our toes.

• Like 2

I just came here to start this thread.

My theory is that Agatha is not a bad guy and this entire set up is to bring back Vision, who is currently dead. I love the idea of Ralph being Mephisto or whatever. Are y'all watching Screen Rant?

18 hours ago, Terabith said:

So, it was Agnes all along.  But where are the twins?  Does Ralph exist?  What was the deal with the bug on the curtain?  Is Pietro really Pietro?  Or is he someone Agnes summoned?  Why is she doing this?  Why is Wanda losing control?  Did she even create Westview?  Did Agnes create it?  Why is Agnes messing with Wanda?  

There are no twins. No Ralph. I don't know about the cicada, but it's important, and in the comics. Pietro was cast from another Pietro, so multiverse Pietro, good guy, loves his sister, possibly dead. Agnes is helping Wanda. I don't know if she's trying to bring back Vision, get Wanda through a nervous breakdown, or something else, but I truly believe she's trying to help her. My current theory is that Westview was created by the real bad guy, but I'm open to it being Wanda. It's not Agnes. Isn't Agnes Asguardian?

9 hours ago, Farrar said:

Also, I am a little in love with Kathryn Hahn. I think she's now my celebrity crush.

Teyonah Paris! Love.

--------------------------------------------------------

Pietro in X-Men: Apocalypse:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

Was Wanda blipped out by Thanos?  So did she just immediately rematerialize like Monica Rambeau and go steal Vision's body and create an alternate reality in New Jersey?

She came back via Dr Strange's portals for the big fight scene in Endgame, and was there for the funeral for Tony Stark. IIRC, in episode 4(?), someone commented that Monica Rambeau reported for duty to SWORD a few weeks after she came back, so it has been maybe a month since the Thanos fight?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klmama said:

I just assumed that was Wanda's doing.  

One of the things she can't seem to control is animals, like the stork, lobster, rabbit, and puppy, so I was getting the feeling it was not all under her jurisdiction. But I agree that if it were all under her command, she would include a sassy and handy neighbor.

Edited by idnib
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, idnib said:

One of the things she can't seem to control is animals, like the stork, lobster, rabbit, and puppy, so I was getting the feeling it was not all under her jurisdiction. But I agree that if it were all under her command, she would include a sassy and handy neighbor.

I have questions about the stork, too.  Not only can she not control the stork, it has that red smoke effect every time she tries.  I've wondered since the 70's episode if the stork was Mephisto.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I have questions about the stork, too.  Not only can she not control the stork, it has that red smoke effect every time she tries.  I've wondered since the 70's episode if the stork was Mephisto.  

Is mephisto red? I've assumed everything red was Wanda, like the hex.

• Like 2