Menu

Grab and go Christmas breakfast?

Mrs Tiggywinkle

We usually do a big breakfast Christmas morning for the whole family, two sets of grandparents and my SIL.  I got the covid vaccine today and everyone has told me to expect to be fatigued tomorrow plus I work overnight Christmas Eve.

Instead of a frittata and all of that, I need simple grab and go ideas. MIL will bring a fruit salad.  My mom and DH have celiac disease, so no reliance on baked goods.  Ideas?? 

Edited: I will be home around 6:30 am on Christmas Day.  By grab and go I mean both easy to buy or make, and also we have very limited table space due to construction in the house. I have four crockpots.

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle

We normally do a breakfast casserole.  I put it together the night before and then bake it while people are opening presents.

Fruit

doughnuts 

I am sure you can do some sort of breakfast in the crock pot

yogurt parfait 

I wonder if you could do some sausage in the crock pot

43 Slow Cooker Breakfast Ideas to Try This Weekend I Taste of Home

3 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

We usually do a big breakfast Christmas morning for the whole family, two sets of grandparents and my SIL.  I got the covid vaccine today and everyone has told me to expect to be fatigued tomorrow plus I work overnight Christmas Eve.

Instead of a frittata and all of that, I need simple grab and go ideas. MIL will bring a fruit salad.  My mom and DH have celiac disease, so no reliance on baked goods.  Ideas?? 

Do you want grab and go items that you make or buy?

Egg muffins, which are basically scrambled eggs cooked in a muffin tin with some things mixed in, are a staple in my house.   If you use a red vegetable and a green one they look really Christmassy too.   I think they taste better when you also add cheese.

https://cafedelites.com/breakfast-egg-muffins-3-ways/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Do you want grab and go items that you make or buy?

Egg muffins, which are basically scrambled eggs cooked in a muffin tin with some things mixed in, are a staple in my house.   If you use a red vegetable and a green one they look really Christmassy too.   I think they taste better when you also add cheese.

https://cafedelites.com/breakfast-egg-muffins-3-ways/

Yum. That sounds delicious!

candied bacon 

oatmeal with various toppings (gluten-free oatmeal of course)

hash browns or country potatoes (Trader Joe's has some ready to bake that are good; check the label to see if they are gluten-free).  If fact, if you live near a Trader Joe's I would check their list of gluten-free items, such as gluten-free toaster waffles.

• Like 1

You can make the breakfast casserole in muffin cups with GF Bisquick or no bread at all. GF steel cut oats with fruit  if oats are tolerated (or baked GF oats).

Breakfast sandwiches—GF bread/biscuits or lettuce wraps.

Sweet potatoes hash—apples or pears and sausage or bacon in fried sweet potatoes. Can be made ahead. Or, maybe make it as a casserole ahead with sausage. 

Breakfast burritos in GF wraps.

My kids love waffles with cinnamon sugar cream cheese. Just use GF waffles.

Dd makes both a large egg casserole and individual ones in mufffin tins using frozen (thawed) hash browns instead of bread. Eggs, sausage and cheese.

Edited by ScoutTN