Menu

Ugh. Sick, sad kids are far away.

Dd is in NC and flaring up eczema and crying at the drop of a hat -- sick and hormonal and just overwhelmed with emotional ick. Ds has the flu and wants his mom in Crawfordsville, IN.

I miss my grown babies. :( Feeling pretty helpless here. I wish you could FedEx hot chicken soup.

restaurant nearby where you could order their finest chicken soup and have it delivered? :D

But what does one send for eczema? Benadryl or cortisone, perhaps just chocolate?

I don't know, Pam. I cleaned up more nasties this week (horrible stomach bug that everyone in the family succumbed to. Truly the double yuckies) Long distance sympathy does have its advantages! ;) Just teasing. :)

It is hard being away, isn't it. How is your ds managing to keep up with assignments with the flu? I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for him to be sick with the additional stress of getting behind.

I think I would find a restaurant that would deliver like someone else suggested.

Do they have a spring break coming up? Save up your mommy lovings and make spring break a very special time together. :)

I remember being your kids. (Well, not exactly, unless there's a former life thing going on that I haven't acknowledged! :D) I remember being at the bottom of a barrel with exams, or illness, or homesickness. I'd call home with all my resolve in place to be brave and "mature", you know, just checking in for a friendly chat. As soon as I heard my mother's voice, I'd burst into tears! I'm sure she felt just as you do now.

That human transport thing really does have possibilities, though. We could make a human chain of people, across all the states. Person A would drive 25 miles to meet person B...or 50 miles...or whatever. And the chicken soup would get passed hand to hand until it landed on the kids' doorsteps. Unless Person C was me, who couldn't resist eating it!

I guess a card is more practical, huh?

Hope they, and you, feel better soon. :(

Doran

Oh, you guys are sooo sweet. Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders.

I can get orchids delivered to ds, but no chicken soup. Alas. ;) But I'm going to go comfort dd in person tomorrow.

My dh just informed me about the itchy and upset dd. It was one of those situations where I wonder, "hmmm, do I talk to the mom or is that being too intrusive." And, well, here you are. You know, of course, that you should have called or emailed me so that I could have done something to help out here!

I have been at a booth most of the day and will be there all day tomorrow. It is the big consignment sale at the Ag Center. Come and see me?!

My dh just informed me about the itchy and upset dd. It was one of those situations where I wonder, "hmmm, do I talk to the mom or is that being too intrusive." And, well, here you are. You know, of course, that you should have called or emailed me so that I could have done something to help out here!

I have been at a booth most of the day and will be there all day tomorrow. It is the big consignment sale at the Ag Center. Come and see me?!

That could happen.

I didn't hear from A until about 7 pm tonight, and I know you're "boothing" this week. You don't have to worry about intrusive, though. It's just me. :-)

I think she just needs sleep. When she's tired and stressed, her allergic response just spirals out of control. Poor kiddo. Everything is all magnified and ubersad.

Knowing you are there is very comforting. Next year isn't going to be quite as easy. :(

I was thinking the same thing. We need some sort of "board mommy exchange program".

Hope they are feeling better soon.

I was thinking the same thing: There must be some nice Board Mommy who could go and personally check in on those poor things....

I'd go if I could.... :(