Menu

Anyone use a bidet?

Just Kate

23 minutes ago, Sara in AZ said:

My daughter broke both arms at once several summers ago and having a bidet was a lifesaver for both of us!!! So I vote yes to the bidet! But I can’t remember what brand we had and then it broke...so hopefully someone else can advise you on that. Hope the surgery goes well!

Thank you. It is really the craziest thing. I may post in more detail later, but for now I will just say that I am ready for 2020 to be OVER!

We have this bidet seat, which comes for either a round or oval toilet bowl (so make sure you are ordering the correct one!)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0128T2HQK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We really like the bidet features, but the soft-close lid broke at 15 months - no longer under warranty - and costs $60 to replace.  It is a thin-plastic, sloped lid, so it couldn't be sat upon.  It is a specialty connection to the seat, so it cannot be replaced by something from the hardware store.  The plastic near the hinge attachment separated, so now it makes a loud snapping sound every time it closes.  I contacted customer service, and this is a known design flaw.

43 minutes ago, Amy in NH said:

We have this bidet seat, which comes for either a round or oval toilet bowl (so make sure you are ordering the correct one!)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0128T2HQK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We really like the bidet features, but the soft-close lid broke at 15 months - no longer under warranty - and costs $60 to replace.  It is a thin-plastic, sloped lid, so it couldn't be sat upon.  It is a specialty connection to the seat, so it cannot be replaced by something from the hardware store.  The plastic near the hinge attachment separated, so now it makes a loud snapping sound every time it closes.  I contacted customer service, and this is a known design flaw.

Ok, some of the reviews of this thing are rather humorous.

Edited by fairfarmhand

• 1 month later...

@Just Kate, we have this one which sits on a toilet: https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Neo-120-Non-Electric/dp/B00A0RHSJO/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=bidet&qid=1601758778&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNDBKUUNDSUpPTFZCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjkwNTQ0MTJUSlc3SklXUEE1TCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTE1NDI4MTcyVUlDS01MNFhFMyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=  which is finally back down to it's pre-covid price of $35.  We really like it.  You do want to buy the bundle package listed below with the bumpers and nicer T-valve. Altogether, it'll set you back $57.43 (current listed price).

There are other versions of the Luxe which offer feminine washing as a separate feature.  With the Neo, one can just tip one's pelvis while seated and use low water pressure and it's just as effective.  IMO, there's no need to upgrade to a nicer bidet.

Our separate toilet room is not wired for electricity, so we just wanted a mechanical washer.  Not having access to heated water or a dryer hasn't been a problem. (One of dh's coworker has one of those $10k Japanese toilets with incorporated bidet.  We used it while visiting his home for a party, and while it was nice, I don't need all of those bells and whistles.) 

I'm sorry this info is late for helping you with your dh's surgery situation, but I wanted to share for others who might be reading in.  It has dramatically lightened toilet paper usage in our household now that it is used only for drying, and not also for cleaning, iykwim. 

16 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

@Just Kate, we have this one which sits on a toilet: https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Neo-120-Non-Electric/dp/B00A0RHSJO/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=bidet&qid=1601758778&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNDBKUUNDSUpPTFZCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjkwNTQ0MTJUSlc3SklXUEE1TCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTE1NDI4MTcyVUlDS01MNFhFMyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=  which is finally back down to it's pre-covid price of $35.  We really like it.  You do want to buy the bundle package listed below with the bumpers and nicer T-valve. Altogether, it'll set you back $57.43 (current listed price).

There are other versions of the Luxe which offer feminine washing as a separate feature.  With the Neo, one can just tip one's pelvis while seated and use low water pressure and it's just as effective.  IMO, there's no need to upgrade to a nicer bidet.

Our separate toilet room is not wired for electricity, so we just wanted a mechanical washer.  Not having access to heated water or a dryer hasn't been a problem. (One of dh's coworker has one of those $10k Japanese toilets with incorporated bidet.  We used it while visiting his home for a party, and while it was nice, I don't need all of those bells and whistles.) 

I'm sorry this info is late for helping you with your dh's surgery situation, but I wanted to share for others who might be reading in.  It has dramatically lightened toilet paper usage in our household now that it is used only for drying, and not also for cleaning, iykwim. 

That is the bidet that we purchased (well, ours does have the upgrade of the “women’s wash” though). Let me tell you, this thing has been a lifesaver. After dh’s surgery, almost right away he was able to use the bidet, which spared me from having  to help him in that way...which made us both so happy. Even now that dh’s arms are healing very well and he can do everything on his own (other than lifting heavy items), we all love the bidet!! I am so glad we purchased it. 😊

48 minutes ago, Just Kate said:

That is the bidet that we purchased (well, ours does have the upgrade of the “women’s wash” though). Let me tell you, this thing has been a lifesaver. After dh’s surgery, almost right away he was able to use the bidet, which spared me from having  to help him in that way...which made us both so happy. Even now that dh’s arms are healing very well and he can do everything on his own (other than lifting heavy items), we all love the bidet!! I am so glad we purchased it. 😊

Glad you found one!  We have the same one, but no women’s wash.  Can you tell me more about that?  Do you have a link?

7 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Glad you found one!  We have the same one, but no women’s wash.  Can you tell me more about that?  Do you have a link?

Here is it :

Luxe Bidet

I prefer the woman wash option because it’s not quite as forceful. With either option (regular or woman) I just shift myself around so the spray goes where I need it to go. 

Honestly, if we had had more time, I would have purchased a bidet with a warm water option. I think we will be redoing our bathroom in the next year or two, and that may be something that we add. Now that it is getting colder outside, I do find the cold water to be a little jarring. But I still love our bidet and am so glad we purchased it!

• Thanks 1