Menu

If you like Jessica Smith's workouts

PeachyDoodle

Are there other YouTube workout channels you also enjoy? I find Jessica Smith's style to be just the right length and intensity level to fit into my morning and give me a boost for the day. But having done most everything on her channel, I'd like to branch out and add a couple of new but similar options. Suggestions?

• Like 2

I bought a DVD set of hers - I don't remember the title, something like "6 weeks to fitness" and there are 4 DVDs and a workout schedule included. I've had them about 2 years and I use them regularly (I don't always follow the schedule, life of a hs mom), but I *really* like them.

I know that's not branching out, but TBH I haven't found any exercise video that I like better than hers. I think she has other DVDs as well.

• Like 1

Have you tried Fitness Blender or Hasfit?  

ETA - they both also have their own websites where it's easy to find workouts based on intensity, duration, etc.  And I think it's better for them financially to use the workouts through their website.  

Leslie Sansone has some walking workouts for free on youtube.  Some may use light weights or bands.  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

I love Jessica Smith. For the most part, I prefer her You Tube videos over her DVDs. 

I subscribe to so many channels. When I see a video that appeals to me, I add it to a playlist, actually multiple playlists depending on type of workout, to do later. Here are the ones that I currently follow:

Five Parks Yoga - I love Yin Yoga and deep stretching - not all of her videos are Yin, but I add the ones that are. 

Yoga with Kassandra

Sarah Beth Yoga

Yoga with Adriene

Fitness Blender

Blogilates - I enjoy her stretching workouts most of all. Her other workouts are geared more for the younger and fitter crowd. I am no longer either. 

Pahla B Fitness - I only just heard of her the other day. I thought she was a bit annoying at first, but she has lots of workouts that are perfect for post-menopausal women like me - focusing on balance, and so forth. Lots of walking and indoor running as well. I haven't tried any of her workouts yet. 

Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone - how could I not love Leslie? Her workouts were the first I ever started on. I do prefer Jessica, however, but Leslie's one that I love also. 

Barre3 - has some free videos. I think many of them are promos of what they sell. Their free ones look good, although I haven't tried them yet either. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

The new generation of Leslie Sansone walkers are similar to the Jessica Smith workouts. I like the L.S. walks with Nick and Nadia. 

I agree. I like the newer walks with Nadia and Kamila (sp?). Nick....I can do without. 

I like Pahla B. too (but only her newer videos). She's VERY chatty but somewhat endearing. I'm always excited when her cats wander through the video. 😛 

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

I like Leslie Sansone walking workouts, that can be found in the public domain, including on YouTube. 

I like different types of activities, and I often try something new, although I prefer weightlifting. I'm just getting ready for the weightlifting competition. I prepare with the male training program on  torokhtiy.com The program is designed for comprehensive preparation for this type of competition and lasts twelve weeks. I have already set goals and objectives that I want to achieve with this. Besides, I received nutritional advice and several diet examples, which greatly simplified my entire preparation period.

Edited by BrianRameriz

On 8/30/2020 at 9:04 PM, I talk to the trees said:

The new generation of Leslie Sansone walkers are similar to the Jessica Smith workouts. I like the L.S. walks with Nick and Nadia. 

Yes. And they are as hard as you make them. You can just walk, if the arm movements are too much. Or you can get more intense and sort of jog if you want that.