Menu

Kellyanne Conway must be trying to stay married

Scarlett

Just now, Catwoman said:

Yes, and let’s not forget that KellyAnne never bothered to defend George when her boss called him terrible names. That made me so uncomfortable — how can you not defend your own spouse when he or she is being publicly attacked and ridiculed?

Their relationship seems very bizarre.

Oh I agree. Very bizarre! There is no playfulness or lightheartedness like some couples who disagree politically but have good relationships usually have. Jame Carville and Mary Matalin were amusing. Kellyanne and George appear to literally hate one another. Awkward. If it is all an act there is still some unpacking to do for me to make sense of it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

Oh I agree. Very bizarre! There is no playfulness or lightheartedness like some couples who disagree politically but have good relationships usually have. Jame Carville and Mary Matalin were amusing. Kellyanne and George appear to literally hate one another. Awkward. If it is all an act there is still some unpacking to do for me to make sense of it.

Yes! You can see the love between James and Mary, and I don’t think either one of them would tolerate anyone making disparaging remarks about their spouse. The Conways seem so different, and not in a good way —  it’s incredibly uncomfortable to watch them. It is even creepier to consider the previously suggested idea that much of the political vitriol may have been staged for the cameras so George and KellyAnne can parlay it into a future TV show.

If it’s hard for us to watch them, I can only imagine how horrible it must be for their children to witness that kind of public animosity. 😞 

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I always wondered about Cokie Roberts and her husband too.  But they apparently had a really good marriage.  

Thank you! I was trying to remember the other couple who had very different political views and Cokie Roberts is who I was thinking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teachermom2834 said:

In 2016 I though the Conways were gearing up for some kind of reality show. They disagreed but we have seen political couples who disagreed before. But then it just got nastier and nastier and it didn't seem like they were playing it up for an audience anymore. It seemed genuine and mean. And regardless of what I think of Kellyanne's boss I just really thought George was a jerk for undermining his wife's career in that way. It's not like George's commentary was saving the country. Just making his wife's job more difficult. Kellyanne was successful and influential and her husband was just trying to sabotage her job. There was no playfulness or "it's just work" about their conflicts. They seemed very real and very hurtful and it was embarassing to watch. 

I hope they pull in together. I've had teens and they have challenged me in ways I couldn't understand even though I was here 24/7 and totally focused on them. I can only imagine the drama in a house with that many complications, even minus abuse. 

George's activism has been geared toward saving the country, so I must disagree.

The Lincoln Project rocks!

Bill

• Like 2

For another possibility (and I have no idea how reputable or not this blog is): https://abovethelaw.com/2020/08/kellyanne-and-george-conway-exit-stage-right-for-new-adventure-parenting/

This speculates that Kellyanne is the anonymous author of that white house expose book and both partners exiting the political stage now means they both save their reputations no matter the outcome of the election. And perhaps this whole thing is a PR stunt.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Katy said:

For another possibility (and I have no idea how reputable or not this blog is): https://abovethelaw.com/2020/08/kellyanne-and-george-conway-exit-stage-right-for-new-adventure-parenting/

This speculates that Kellyanne is the anonymous author of that white house expose book and both partners exiting the political stage now means they both save their reputations no matter the outcome of the election. And perhaps this whole thing is a PR stunt.

Hey, it’s as good an explanation as any!  😆

Edited by Catwoman
I typed one sentence and still made a typo!
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Katy said:

Not sure a 15 year old could pull that off. But who knows. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Not sure a 15 year old could pull that off. But who knows. 

I agree — I doubt the dd was involved.  But if the Conways were looking for a convenient and at least somewhat plausible excuse, this was the perfect opportunity. I’m not all that big on conspiracy theories, though.

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Catwoman said:

I agree — I doubt the dd was involved.  But if the Conways were looking for a convenient and at least somewhat plausible excuse, this was the perfect opportunity. I’m not all that big on conspiracy theories, though.

I'm not usually big on conspiracy theories either, and another book about the administration has not been high on my list of things to read, but I did look at the book preview on Amazon after I read this, and it does seem like Anonymous might be a woman.  Long, somewhat flowery sentences. So I kind of get the argument.  What other "Senior" officials at the white house have stayed employed there this long and are women except family members?  I mostly avoid the news these days so this isn't a rhetorical question.  Are there any other women who are senior in the administration and have been for years?

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 3:17 PM, Catwoman said:

In this case, though, the kid is placing blame on both parents, so I don't think it's about one political side or the other. Clearly, both parents have messed up if their dd was so upset with her home life that she was ready to seek legal emancipation. That is not a small step for her to take. 

Both parents are conservatives though.  And the daughter has made a social media following being a liberal; that might be part of her issue with her parents.

• Like 1

@happysmileylady — I didn’t quote your post because you talked about your brother’s family and I wasn’t sure if you were planning to leave it here or delete it later for privacy reasons. 🙂 

I’m very sorry to hear about your brother and his wife’s struggles with their dd. It sounds like the family went through a lot! And I do believe you when you say that the parents were not at fault. But I must say that I feel differently about the Conways, because KellyAnne and George have put their marital struggles front and center for the entire world to see. They don’t seem to have even tried to hide the fact that they are on completely opposite sides, and neither of them defends the other when one of them is viciously criticized in public. 

I know you don’t seem to want to blame the parents here, but I simply don’t believe that the Conways’ acrimonious and dysfunctional relationship hasn’t had a seriously detrimental effect on their children. I’m sure they both love their kids and that they will try to help their dd work her way through her issues, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think they are innocent in all of this. And I think both parents would still be continuing with their careers as usual, had the dd not publicly threatened to sue for emancipation.

The Conways’ dd has obviously had serious issues for a while now, yet KellyAnne had still planned to visit 2 states a day between now and the election, and George didn’t seem to be stepping back from the Lincoln Project, either. It’s kind of hard to be there to help your kid through her mental health issues when you are traveling all over the country just about every single day of the week and you are almost never at home.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Katy said:

I'm not usually big on conspiracy theories either, and another book about the administration has not been high on my list of things to read, but I did look at the book preview on Amazon after I read this, and it does seem like Anonymous might be a woman.  Long, somewhat flowery sentences. So I kind of get the argument.  What other "Senior" officials at the white house have stayed employed there this long and are women except family members?  I mostly avoid the news these days so this isn't a rhetorical question.  Are there any other women who are senior in the administration and have been for years?

I just read the preview pages at Amazon and I couldn’t tell whether the author was male or female. It would be quite a kick in the teeth to the administration if Anonymous turned out to be KellyAnne Conway, though, as she seems to be highly trusted.

One thing that did strike me when I was looking at the book preview was that when I used the little “search inside this book” feature to search for her name, KellyAnne was only mentioned on three pages of the book. For someone who has such a high profile in the administration, I thought that was odd.  Hmmmmmmmm.....

Edited by Catwoman
Typo!
  • Like 1