Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Breakfast, coffee, meds (done)

call doctors and lab I didn't get to yesterday (mostly done, rest tomorrow)

cancel three automatic things (done)

English idiom online class  (done)

appointment with Orthopedic pain med doctor ( waiting for therapy script)

keep filling in vacation spread sheet

figure out which of two dinners I want to make (done)

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

Good morning! 

I just talked to dd, and she'll be home this evening. She has to sleep after working a shift last night. Her hospital is beginning to have staff out because of Covid. She's not quite 3 months off of orientation, and she isn't supposed to float until she's been 6 months off. She is wondering if that will be waived to fill in where needed. She hasn't been caring for Covid patients because she' on a cardiac floor. 

Done: dh's breakfast and lunch, fed Callie (our cat), coffee and breakfast for me

• breakfast for ds
  • dinner in crock pot
  • go to church co-op meets in to help collect fees for the year
  • bring lunch home 
  • school with ds
  • tidy house
  • more laundry
  • enjoy dd getting here
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Done:

• fed cats
  • fed & flysprayed horses
  • went down the hill to check the work that was done in the pasture - found one more rut and got that filled in
  • started laundry

To do:

• office work - need to spend most of my day on this
  • sweep upstairs
  • one more dose of Banamine for Nik (horse that had vaccine reaction)
  • talk to insurance adjuster about my car? 
  • hay delivery?
  • dinner: tofu fish filet sandwiches, roasted baby potatoes, and slaw

• Like 6

Good morning!

Done:
Coffee
Game of Duel
Messaged a lady off FB for a secretary desk and bookcase

(Hasn't been the most productive, lol...)

Headed outside for gardening this AM.
Removing books from DD's bookcase and delivering it to DD's house with more of her stuff
Clean out fridge
Take stock and make a grocery list
Laundry x 2
Playdate for AHG this afternoon

Grocery shopping Costco tonight with DH ❤️ 

Edited by BlsdMama
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Today, I have:

...keep an eye on DS15, who so far this morning has no headache, but still/again fever, still no other symptoms
...call doctor if needed
...do the paperwork/organizing stuff that my friend was going to come help with (she's not, b/c, ds has fever, so I told her to stay home)
...also finish printing the timelines (*yes, they are licensed for single-classroom use, so I am not violating copywrite)
...lunch: not sure
...dinner: we had a list, somewhere, sometime.....find that, figure it out
...anything else that gets done

• Like 5

Good morning!

• Grocery
  • Send school books to Office Max for printing. Also added school supplies to the order. Hooray for free delivery! 
  • Log yesterday's tutoring sessions
  • Roast a chx
  • Call mom
  • Prep for today's sessions  
  • Tutor two kids  
  • House cleaning and organizing -30 minutes nope
  • Walk? Very gray this morning. Rain likely. Nope
  • Text/call two friends.
  • Dinner is stuffed poblanos and salad.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Taking DS for the covid test just in case. Our doctor's office suggested yes, no one is doing rapid tests unless you have emergency level symptoms, so going for the free county test which has the same turn-around as the one through our doctor's office. 

What is the turn-around for the non-rapid test?  My nieces were tested before they had surgery, and that *was* rapid - 15min, I think.  But my oldest was tested more to rule it out than anything (suspected allergies - tightness in the chest and gi symptoms, but no fever/coughing), and it was an 18hr turn-around, which seems fairly rapid to me. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, forty-two said:

What is the turn-around for the non-rapid test?  My nieces were tested before they had surgery, and that *was* rapid - 15min, I think.  But my oldest was tested more to rule it out than anything (suspected allergies - tightness in the chest and gi symptoms, but no fever/coughing), and it was an 18hr turn-around, which seems fairly rapid to me. 

The official estimate is "5-10 business days" from either location; what they told me on the phone is that testing has slowed down some and so results are coming back in about 3-4 business days, in actuality. 

This is what my mom experienced, too, when she had to have it done before a procedure (hers was negative). 

I'd love if we hear sooner vs later, but we'll stay home as a family until it comes back negative & no one else gets symptoms, etc., etc, etc.... Fortunately we are very well stocked, and the only thing this really impacts is the little 4 yr old I tutor; I've already cancelled tomorrow's session, and Monday's will depend on test results, if we have them by then. 

• Like 6

Howdy, happy Thursday!

It's a deadline day, so here's hoping I get on a roll with work.  Also need to make some decisions ... after more coffee!

Done:

• Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Yoga and TKD practice.
  • Caught up on calendar, emails, news, social media.
  • Sent one or two work emails.
  • 1 cup of coffee.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Lots of client work.
  • Pick up Kid2.
  • TKD black belt application - due tomorrow!
  • Make 2 donations.
  • Decide whether to go to TKD tonight or force kid to run cc.  (Overlapping times.)
  • Check out photos of kids in their Confirmation gowns, take and send comparable photo of Kid1 who missed the photo session (also Kid2 maybe if her photo is too silly).
  • Make Kid2 try on band shoes.  Need to return at least 1 of the pairs I bought.  Coulda told me they run small.  😕 
  • Walk.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

Taking DS for the covid test just in case. Our doctor's office suggested yes, no one is doing rapid tests unless you have emergency level symptoms, so going for the free county test which has the same turn-around as the one through our doctor's office. 

Here, the only problem with health dept/county tests is the massive line. Hours of waiting in your car, apparently.  I hope you don't have to deal with that, Reader!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Here, the only problem with health dept/county tests is the massive line. Hours of waiting in your car, apparently.  I hope you don't have to deal with that, Reader!

Thanks; ours is an appointment, and not one of the drive-through locations, so hopefully speedier. They had us give the make/model/license plate of the car, we'll park, a nurse will come out, let us know when time to go in, they'll do the test, done. So, hopefully not. 

The set-up from the facility our doctor's office uses sounded basically the same as well, so....we'll see. Some places have had huge waits, but I think mostly those (near us) have been the "no appointment, just come get in line" places. 

• Like 5

Had insomnia in the middle of the night again.  No pain.  No worries.  Couldn't figure out why I was awake.  Tested my bloodsugar.  It was "perfect" (which meant that it was a bit lower than they usually say to have it when you go to bed.)  So I ate a piece of cheese.  Sugars were high when I took my fasting bloodsugar this morning.  Ugh. 

fed Neko and Juliet

fed myself

medicated myself

medicated Juliet

logged food, water and carbs

took a survey  for new gluten free products

made bed

dressed

brushed teeth. 

Exercises will be done at my PT appointment in a bit.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
added stuff
  • Like 4

Kelly, is your Duel game the two player version of Seven Wonders? 

Reader, so glad still no more symptoms and praying for quick and easy test results!

I didn't have time to get stuff in the crock pot, but there is a shorter time on high. I'll do that soon. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Did Cat's bathroom phase 1

logged my food, water, carbs.  And I've made a resolution to log more bloodsugars and track carbs better.  I was doing a better job of it and then it dropped off.  I feel like I am spending so much time on my health and yet I still have fibro, still have insomnia, still have diabetes and am still fat.    Sigh.

Updated my Sparkpeople sleep blog (speaking of spending time on health issues). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Home from the test; it was not bad at all. There wouldn't have been a wait had we been properly informed; we were told (as were the people in the car next to us) to wait in the car, someone from inside would come out and get us when it was his turn. We had to provide make, model, license plate, etc. So, we got there. Many testing center employees walked past us to go inside (not all at once) so we figured they knew we were there, they'd come when they were ready. 

Eventually, a 3rd car pulled up and just got out, the Sheriff in the parking lot pointed at the correct door, and she went to the door. Someone came there and met her. At which point I jumped out to ask about things, and no, they don't do the "come to your car" thing at this location, so we had waited (for about 20 mins) needlessly. :sigh:

BUT, the test itself was not bad at all; not the brain-scraping nasal swab, at all, but a long duration/many circles around the inside of the nostrils swab. Results in anything from 3-10 business days. (I'm told they are running on the short side lately). 

Aside from that, I finished printing & putting together my timelines, which was the main thing for today. Need to print the timeline figures to include, but that is easier/should go quickly. 

Came home, had lunch, need to pull something from the freezer for dinner and start printing the timeline figures, and then naptime. 

• Like 4

Ugh.  Went to my PT appointment which up until now has always been on Thursday and it's actually for tomorrow.  I had even pulled up the appointment reminder to look at to make sure that I had the time right and didn't look at the day!  Oh well.

Did a quick grocery shop.  Decided to a very simple hot dogs on the grill supper tonight.  I have side salads to go with.  Actually I take back the quick part.  It was supposed to be quick but apparently my usual grocery store is no longer carrying gluten free hot dog buns?  Or perhaps they are all out?  So I had to also go to the "less popular but carries more gluten free / natural foods" grocery store.  And initially couldn't find any gluten free hot dog buns which seemed really really strange.  But then I discovered that they have gluten free frozen breads in two different sections of their frozen foods.  Why????  It is stupid and I told the cashier that (but in nicer words). 

Got home and put away groceries.

Tested bloodsugars.  I'm at a very nice 108.  But I'd better eat cuz even though normal people can go much lower, I feel a bit lightheaded at this level. 

• Like 4

Up from the nap. 

Started to print the timeline figures.....color toner is fully depleted, at 0%, and black is down to 20% and the printer says "replace replace replace" so stopped. DH will have to order toner for me, and then I can print the rest (I did get 3 of the 5 sets of pages printed, 12 copies of each set, before the printer yelled at me). 

Went into the printer to check various settings, because we only just bought a new black toner cartridge in the end of May, and while DH has been printing work stuff, I haven't been printing school stuff, and it seems like we shouldn't have depleted it yet, but here we are. Various settings were either never set correctly/to toner saving settings, or got unset or something. Hopefully the new ones will last a bit longer now that we corrected the settings. 

Going to help DH carry up bed pieces, hang out, check on kids, etc, and in between times see what other organizing things I need to do that don't involve printing.  

I did remember what was supposed to be dinner, so pulling meat out to thaw/can finish thawing in the microwave and will plan on that. (sloppy joes)

• Like 4

Well along the lines of 2020 and nothing going as planned ....

Kid2 had to leave the barn immediately because her instructor fell off her horse and was transported to the hospital by ambulance.  Kid2 was too freaked out to think or communicate about how I was going to go get her (12 minute drive).  So she invited herself to be whisked away by her friend's mom, and has now spent the afternoon with them, and just texted to tell me it's time to pick her up.

Also, church lady texted me early afternoon asking me to send photo of my kid in her confirmation gown.  (I was waiting to see how the other kids' photos looked so my kid's would be mostly consistent.  Said other photos were emailed to me this morning.)  I saw the text come through, with the first few lines, but did not open it right away as I was busy.  About 4pm I took the photos and got ready to text them ... but then I noticed that at the end of the church lady's text, it said the photos were needed sooner because the secretary was going on vacation at 3:30 today.  And if she didn't get my photos in time, she'd use a school photo.  Ugh!  Oh well, I sent them anyway, so we'll see what happens.  Why can't people give a little more notice when things are time sensitive?

Now off to pick up my kid ... and then we will all eat & go to TKD.

• Like 5

Me: 0 Crockpot: 2

So I forgot to put stuff in the crock post this morning, and I got it ready this afternoon to cook the shorter time on high. BUT, I didn't plug it in. An hour later I realized, so I think it's safe. It was chicken but had frozen corn in the pot. 

Dinner will be late. 

• Sad 4

I worked in the office all afternoon. Everything in my "needs to get done now" pile is d.o.n.e. Woo hoo!

Swept upstairs

Just put last load of laundry in the washer

Texted farrier with an update on a couple of the horses

Cleaned out my emails

Decided dinner will be leftover Mexican dip from last night

• Like 4

Amy, I've done that. a lot. Hope it's still yummy! 

We got DS15's new bed all put together. Much heavy carrying up the stairs, not too much work assembling, and it's together, clean sheets on, done. He's up there filling drawers, shelves, desk, etc. 

This makes me wonder: supposing his test comes back positive......do we notify the guy who bought his old bed? We wiped down the bed and it sat in the garage for several days before it sold, so I don't think the bed has any lingering germs (no mattress was sold with it), but of course bed buyer guy had contact with DH and oldest DS who helped load up the bed (not with me or DS who has the fever).  Good grief. That was the day or two before the fever appeared. 

(I really think it won't be positive, but he does still have a fever, and he has a "when I move wrong, my head hurts, but I can at least think" headache at the moment; still can smell, still no cough, fatigue, etc.). 

DH ordered my ink/toner cartridges, they'll be here Saturday. 

I remembered to take meat out to thaw, so will cook shortly. Sloppy Joes, and random veggie. 

I *think* the guys are video-gaming tonight, maybe, in which case maybe I'll sew. In the meantime, I think I have some organizing stuff to work on that isn't printing, maybe. 

• Like 4

Tried to call mom again, but no luck. Front desk lady from her place calked to say mom's phone is not working. Going over to see if I can fix it tomorrow. Outside visit, reluctantly allowed. I haven't seen my mom since February! 

Dinner is done. I'm tired. 

Jammy time! 

• Like 4

Called the one family from the kids' D&D group, in case that's where DS picked up whatever it is that he has (they were all together 9 days ago). They were nice about it, not too concerned/freaked out, and understand these things, and are already being pretty "just stay home" like (I thought) we are, so.....

I don't have contact info for the other family, as the kids just all arrange everything themselves through discord (my 15 yr old is I think the youngest kid in the bunch, although the sister of the one family might be about his same age, then 2 of the boys are 16-ish, and then the other 2 are 19). We're having our boys let the family/kids know. 

Dinner is cooked. 

• Like 3