Menu

Small Victories

Ginevra

Today I took a carload of stuff to Goodwill, most of which has been sitting in my hallway since February. I have a “staging” area in the upstairs hallway landing and I had a bunch of stuff sitting there, but then of course, everything was shut down and I couldn’t take donations for drop off. Then, dd moved out and added still more junk/shoes/clothes/jewelry to the pile. It was really getting to me. 

The first donation center I went to was closed. 😱 So I had to drive to a different one a half hour away. But I swear it is such a relief to have gotten that stuff out! 

I also put a bunch of homeschooling stuff in there that I intended to sell/give to members of the co-op, but now I don’t know if we will even meet for co-op this fall and some people may be feeling dubious about germs anyway. Hopefully, someone will be very happy to find some really great homeschool materials at the GW! 

Edited by Quill
Typo that resulted in a bad word, though it was funny there!
  • Like 13

4 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

What a relief to know there are taking donations again. I've been carrying stuff around in the back of my car for months. In this Florida heat, they should be totally decontaminated by now.

Here was part of my strategy: I might need the space in my car this weekend when ds moves into a different apartment. So I was like, “I’m going to put this stuff in there so I have no choice but to donate it *somewhere*!” 

• Like 2

Just now, Quill said:

Here was part of my strategy: I might need the space in my car this weekend when ds moves into a different apartment. So I was like, “I’m going to put this stuff in there so I have no choice but to donate it *somewhere*!” 

I hear that! I almost resorted to throwing it all away when my ds moved but dh talked me out of it. If I don't get rid of it soon, I might find myself back to considering the garbage truck again.

• Like 1

We were trying to move house and needed to donate twenty boxes of children's books.  We were resigned to moving with them and having to donate them later.  Just in time, we heard that a Barnados warehouse was about to open, and when we called them, they said we could drop the boxes off at the rear of the warehouse straight away.  Success! 

Our local dump/recycling centre is still only allowing cars, not vans, to drop stuff off, so we had to arrange with the purchasers of our old house that we would pick up a couple of old doors from next to the garage at a later date.

• Thanks 1