Menu

Prince Charles has coronavirus

gardenmom5

I saw it this morning.  A bit of a stir that he tested on the NHS in one of the papers but who knows.  He is isolating which is what is important......believe Camilla had pneumonia not that long ago so I hope she doesn’t catch it from him.

6 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I wish him well, I really do. He's in a high risk group so I hope his case is mild and that he recovers. However, I'll bet he didn't have any trouble getting tested, while ordinary folks around the world are fighting to get tested.

According to this article, he met criteria for testing in Aberdeenshire, due to his age and health

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/25/prince-charles-tests-positive-for-coronavirus?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Happymomof1 said:

Yes, but to be fair he is the future king of England.  To me, heads of states, presidents, pm's and such should be tested regularly.

I wish him well as a person. To be brutal, however, he is expendable in constitutional terms. I don't see a reason for special treatment. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Happymomof1 said:

Yes, but to be fair he is the future king of England.  To me, heads of states, presidents, pm's and such should be tested regularly.

1 minute ago, Laura Corin said:

According to this article, he met criteria for testing in Aberdeenshire, due to his age and health

That part of my post was sarcasm. I do understand the need for heads of state to be tested (which technically he is not yet). There are people in many countries, including the UK, who meet the criteria yet get turned down for testing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bambam said:

A friend who practices homeopathy said she isn't surprised he is still out and about. She says the British royal family uses homeopathy, so of course he is all better. 

he also drinks a lot, but he does get a lot of fresh air.

6 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

I saw that this morning and my honest to goodness first thought was:

God save the queen!!!

Of course I wish him a speedy recovery. The article I read said he last saw the queen on March 15, so I hope she’s okay. It was also pointed out that his symptoms met all the criteria for testing, though I wouldn’t be surprised to learn his results were expedited with urgency. 

I would imagine she wasn't exposed to him after he contracted it.  from my reading - average incubation is five days.  (1/100 is more than 14.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/25/prince-charles-tests-positive-for-coronavirus?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

When I saw the Megxit Finale pictures, it seemed that there was no social distancing going on when at that point, I had unofficially started self-isolating at home due to community spread and the severity of the situation in wuhan compounded by the very high numbers of chinese tourists in my county. I remember thinking that London is a crowded place and H&M were flying across the atlantic to attend events and were in venues with tons of people and it could not be good for the elderly queen and charles and camilla's health. Charles has an active lifestyle and that will help him bounce back faster and he has tons of space in his country houses to isolate himself in. Hope the Queen and her husband are safe because their age puts them at high risk.

I think that these are the types of situations when being a member of the Senior Royals gets one perks (like ventilators if they are in short supply, personal physicians, first dibs on new vaccines and drugs etc). It might even work when one has quit their Royal duties and moved to Vancouver because their brother is slated to be future king, but there are no guarantees on that!

55 minutes ago, gstharr said:

Doe not surprise me considering the places that Prince Charles wanted to live and the manners that he wanted to live there. 

ETA: https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1142276/prince-charles-affair-camilla-answer-phone-tampon-tampongate-princess-diana

I don't understand the relevance of the article you posted to the Prince's diagnosis.

• Like 8