Menu

PSAT registration done! Yippee!!!

That was truly painless. My local high school has a link to a registration/payment service so it's all online with an option to register as a homeschool student. 

And as a bonus, I paid the down payment for APEuro too. Now, all we have to do is register on the AP site once the class starts in about a month.

• Like 4

I'm jealous. My first email to the school in the summer made me think this would be painless. But the guidance counselor asked me to follow up around July 15. I did...and haven't gotten much response and I'm starting to worry this is going to be a huge pain. About to follow up again. School just started here so hopefully when the dust settles someone will have time to answer an email.

1 hour ago, teachermom2834 said:

School just started here so hopefully when the dust settles someone will have time to answer an email.

In my experience, it takes a phone call to register for tests.  Emails were useless with three schools I tried to contact.

DD is supposed to be on the list for a local private school. I plan to contact the upper school guidance counselor after Labor Day if I have not heard from her by then about payment. School just started here Monday, so I assume she is rather busy. 

15 hours ago, madteaparty said:

What is the date of the PSAT? 

I checked the website for local public I’ve used for AP before and they say it opens Sept 1. (Granted schools start after that here). 

October 16 at my local school. 

The registration was not on the College Board's site, it was through my local ISD so dates might vary. School started here on Monday.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, teachermom2834 said:

I'm jealous. My first email to the school in the summer made me think this would be painless. But the guidance counselor asked me to follow up around July 15. I did...and haven't gotten much response and I'm starting to worry this is going to be a huge pain. About to follow up again. School just started here so hopefully when the dust settles someone will have time to answer an email.

Got it done! Just dropped by the school to make payment. We had never even been in the school before and didn't even know where to enter or where the office was so it was good for ds to see where he will go on test day. 

I didn't need to follow up again with the school. I was planning to this week when I got an email. As much as I have dreaded engaging with the school on this (and they are not used to homeschoolers coming in) they have been cooperative and responsive. Not necessarily on my timetable...LOL...but I can't complain. They have been polite and helpful. It has been less painful than I expected for sure. 

Ds will have to have a very good day and catch a few breaks for NMSF but he wants to try and has been studying. He would like to do it just to get Commended. ( I think because no one else in the family could say that...the last of three boys and he seems to have chosen academics as his thing to separate himself).

• Like 3