Menu

spin off - jeggings

ktgrok

2 hours ago, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

I’m resurrecting this thread to say that I now have three pairs of these. They are AMAZING! People at work are so over me right now. I need 100 more pairs. They are comfy and look fantastic, especially from the back 😉. They’ve washed well and I’ve been super satisfied at how well they maintain their color and shape. Thanks for the recommendation! 

It's weird that this thread is resurrected today - I was just going to come on here and post a question about comfortable jeggings, lol. I have a question - do they have give around the waistband? This is really important for me - I have MS and I get muscle tightness and spasms from my waist up to my chest, and tight waistbands make it so much worse. Add a heavy meal into the mix and I feel like I'm dying! I have one pair of Lee's that look the same on the waistband but they have no give. I can't drive at all if I'm wearing them when the spasms start. I need a waistband that has some good flex, but overall I don't want my jeans to look baggy and unkempt by the end of the day. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, too! I'm all set for work (dress pant yoga pants!!) but need more casual options that don't involve unbuttoning my pants and forgetting I did when I stand up, lol.

1 hour ago, dsmith said:

It's weird that this thread is resurrected today - I was just going to come on here and post a question about comfortable jeggings, lol. I have a question - do they have give around the waistband? This is really important for me - I have MS and I get muscle tightness and spasms from my waist up to my chest, and tight waistbands make it so much worse. Add a heavy meal into the mix and I feel like I'm dying! I have one pair of Lee's that look the same on the waistband but they have no give. I can't drive at all if I'm wearing them when the spasms start. I need a waistband that has some good flex, but overall I don't want my jeans to look baggy and unkempt by the end of the day. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, too! I'm all set for work (dress pant yoga pants!!) but need more casual options that don't involve unbuttoning my pants and forgetting I did when I stand up, lol.

The waistband leans towards jeans stiffness than leggings flexibility. There is more give than with jeans but you can’t pull it out three inches like you can with soft leggings. There is a compression aspect to it.

1 hour ago, dsmith said:

I think it depends on how you’re shaped. I am VERY pear- shaped (huge thighs and rear), so there is a little extra room around the waistband for me. I have to size up to fit my backside. It has a very wide waistband, about two inches wide. I find it to be very flexible and there is no hardware except the little grommets in the pretend front pockets. I drive a lot for work and it doesn’t press into my tummy when I’m sitting down, which is super important. Bonus points: the back pockets are fully functional.

American Eagles jeggings are pretty much the only “jeans” I wear. I like that they feel more like a jean, come in multiple rises, so I can have the waistband hit me where I want, and are thick enough to not highlight every little flaw.

I have thin legs too, and jeggings with a slightly loose top (long enough to cover my booty of course), is pretty flattering since my thinnest parts are more accentuated.

I do have one regular pair of jeans with a straight leg from AE as well for times when I wear a bulkier shoe that doesn’t look right with jeggings, but other than that, I am always in my jeggings.

19 hours ago, dsmith said:

I find the waist band to be rather firm.  It is not loose on me at all.  Sometimes I feel it’s almost too tight, but I’m also glad for it because this is the only pair of jeans that doesn’t sag on me, so I’m glad it’s doing its job, but wish it was a smidge less tight.  In all the other areas the jeans fit perfectly, so it’s not that I bought the wrong size.

It sounds like other people find the waist band not too tight, but if I had your MS, I’d be unhappy with these jeans’s waistband.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...