Menu

spin off - jeggings

ktgrok

47 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I love these. I don’t know how fashionable I am these days. But these are my favorite- the longs are perfect for me and they haven’t shrank on length which is rare. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H3EEJZ2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

The first review may have sold me, lol! https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2KZ0F0KB5ZMJ5/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01H3EEK0Q

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

These, from Old Navy, are wonderful. The wide waistband is so comfortable, and they come in several washes I think. They also work for a variety of sizes. I have 2 pair and lived in them last winter. Can't wait till it's cool enough for pants again. 

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=219841

Eta: I recommend trying on in store. The pairs I have are the same size, but one is tighter than the other. Had I tried them on, I would have gotten a larger size in that wash. And just remembered, I actually have three pair! 

Edited by Jentrovert
Purchasing advice

29 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I have no idea what "jeggings" are. The picture just looks like skinny jeans...

There is more stretch in jeggings than skinny jeans. Almost to the point of leggings but not quite.

1 hour ago, Ktgrok said:

Right?!  Sign me up for a honkytonk badonkadonk!

I would've bet my child's transcripts that I'd never, ever own a pair of leave-the-house jeggings.  But I'm totally buying a pair of these.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jentrovert said:

These, from Old Navy, are wonderful. The wide waistband is so comfortable, and they come in several washes I think. They also work for a variety of sizes. I have 2 pair and lived in them last winter. Can't wait till it's cool enough for pants again. 

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=219841

Eta: I recommend trying on in store. The pairs I have are the same size, but one is tighter than the other. Had I tried them on, I would have gotten a larger size in that wash. And just remembered, I actually have three pair! 

I can't believe I'm considering buying jeggings! I have the Rockstar skinny jeans and love them... the black jeggings look like they *could* be good for work. I'm always standing, kneeling, sitting... yikes, jeggings!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mainer said:

I can't believe I'm considering buying jeggings! 

Me too! I am a very conservative head covering and skirt wearing gal, but suddenly I'm thinking about how cute they would look under a long flowy top 😂

I think Amazon must have some kind of secret under the table deal with the boards ... "hey, if we can just get the Hive ladies talking about _______ we can make a killing"

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

Me too! I am a very conservative head covering and skirt wearing gal, but suddenly I'm thinking about how cute they would look under a long flowy top 😂

I think Amazon must have some kind of secret under the table deal with the boards ... "hey, if we can just get the Hive ladies talking about _______ we can make a killing"

I still wear skirts in the summer, but I recently switched to skinny jeans + tunics in the winter. So warm and comfy and still very modest! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MercyA said:

I still wear skirts in the summer, but I recently switched to skinny jeans + tunics in the winter. So warm and comfy and still very modest! 

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that jegginngs couldn't be modest! Just trying to say that they weren't even anywhere close to my normal style - and yet the Hive recommendation could get me thinking about them 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I love these. I don’t know how fashionable I am these days. But these are my favorite- the longs are perfect for me and they haven’t shrunk on length which is rare. 

Ok, Well I just ordered a pair for myself.  I've actually been shopping on-line for jeans for my son who is a 32 x 36 and can't easily find jeans in stores, but he can wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Momto6inIN said:

I think you're right about that!!! 😂

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Carol in Cal. said:

I used to love jeggings but I find now that they contribute to my reflux at times, so I've given them up.

I was able to go off meds for my reflux by being very careful with my clothing. Trying to improve my posture has helped too. I rarely see clothing mentioned when it comes to reflux aides, but it was huge for me. 

1 hour ago, Library Momma said:

Ok, Well I just ordered a pair for myself.  I've actually been shopping on-line for jeans for my son who is a 32 x 36 and can't easily find jeans in stores, but he can wait.

American Eagle works well for my 29x34 18 year old son?  They have odd sizes.  

But dang, I"m pretty sure I'm ordering some jeggings for me too.  I have weird proportions and have no tolerance for the lack of comfort I was willing to put up with when I was younger.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I love these. I don’t know how fashionable I am these days. But these are my favorite- the longs are perfect for me and they haven’t shrunk on length which is rare. 

What kind of shoes can you wear with them?  Like, I want to wear sneakers...but will they look like high-rise pants with my socks showing, a la Steve Urkel?  

7 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

Garga, these come in different lengths. I'm 5' 4" and ordered a medium. I like mine to be an inch or so above my ankle, and I wear no-show socks with Brooks tennis shoes. I roll them up one turn if I want them a little shorter. Hmmmm........ tall socks, tennis shoes, and ankle jeans......I wonder if there is even a way to pull that off?? lol

😁

I don’t think there is a way to pull it off!!!  LOL!  

I probably need full-length jeans and not ankle ones if I want tall socks.  But I can totally do the no-show socks.  

I am tempted to jump on this bandwagon even thoughI wanted to lose baby weight before buying clothes. I should probably have acceptable clothing now though.

The size chart link is for different styles of jeans. And I don't know what size I am. Most of my extra weight I carry in my stomach, which also makes sizing weird for me.

5 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

American Eagle works well for my 29x34 18 year old son?  They have odd sizes.  

But dang, I"m pretty sure I'm ordering some jeggings for me too.  I have weird proportions and have no tolerance for the lack of comfort I was willing to put up with when I was younger.  

I actually usually order them for him at American Eagle.  He doesn't like rips though and the options without them are more limited.  

3 hours ago, Library Momma said:

I actually usually order them for him at American Eagle.  He doesn't like rips though and the options without them are more limited.  

Oh ok interesting.  My kid doesn't like rips either but I haven't ordered anything super recently.  It will be an unhappy fall if we can't order some basic AE jeans for him!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Oh ok interesting.  My kid doesn't like rips either but I haven't ordered anything super recently.  It will be an unhappy fall if we can't order some basic AE jeans for him!

My ds wears 29 x 34 and he's had good luck with Levis. They make basic jeans in that size with no rips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

My ds wears 29 x 34 and he's had good luck with Levis. They make basic jeans in that size with no rips.

We get Levi’s too, they just tend to be more expensive than AE!    Good heads up I should start digging around for fall!  Especially since that kid is going to college.  

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 6:03 PM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

@Ktgrok @Indigo Blue @Random @Mainer @Momto6inIN @Library Momma @teachermom2834 @FuzzyCatz @mmasc 

Holy Moly!  Friday I bought the pants and today I got the pants!  They are AMAZING!  

Now, granted, I lost some weight over the summer, so the skinny jeans I was wearing were 2 sizes too big and looked a bit ridiculous on me, so it was a shock to wear something that fit, but still!  These go beyond simply wearing pants that fit. These look great!  I can bend at the knee and it doesn’t get tight. (I hate a tight knee bend.). That alone makes these wonderful!  

I was super nervous about what size to get (see above about lost weight and pants that are too big.). I had no clue what I actually would fit, so I measured my waist and hips and got the closest match and it worked just fine.  I was afraid they’d be too small, being 2 sizes smaller than I used to be, but they fit just right.  

I am 5’3.5 and I really didn’t want ankle pants, so I got them in long.  If I want them to act as ankle pants, I’ll just roll the cuffs, but I didn’t want to be forced to use them as ankle pants.  I suppose that is a benefit to being on the shorter side—I can order the Longs and make them full length pants that way.  Another benefit of these pants: at 5’3.5’’ my pants are usually too long and scrape along the floor and risk getting frayed, but these fall just to the top of my instep.  

The big, low pockets with the proper spacing between them makes my rear end look well balanced.  (Tiny high pockets make it look awful.). 

I am standing to write this and keep marching around flexing my knees in the pants, just because I can!  🙂

I bought the regular blue ones (not the dark blue).  I am for sure going to buy the black ones next.  Like...probably later today.  

I am a happy customer.  Thank you Aethelthryth!!

Edited by Garga
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garga said:

@Ktgrok @Indigo Blue @Random @Mainer @Momto6inIN @Library Momma @teachermom2834 @FuzzyCatz @mmasc 

Holy Moly!  Friday I bought the pants and today I got the pants!  They are AMAZING!  

Now, granted, I lost some weight over the summer, so the skinny jeans I was wearing were 2 sizes too big and looked a bit ridiculous on me, so it was a shock to wear something that fit, but still!  These go beyond simply wearing pants that fit. These look great!  I can bend at the knee and it doesn’t get tight. (I hate a tight knee bend.). That alone makes these wonderful!  

I was super nervous about what size to get (see above about lost weight and pants that are too big.). I had no clue what I actually would fit, so I measured my waist and hips and got the closest match and it worked just fine.  I was afraid they’d be too small, being 2 sizes smaller than I used to be, but they fit just right.  

I am 5’3.5 and I really didn’t want ankle pants, so I got them in long.  If I want them to act as ankle pants, I’ll just roll the cuffs, but I didn’t want to be forced to use them as ankle pants.  I suppose that is a benefit to being on the shorter side—I can order the Longs and make them full length pants that way.  Another benefit of these pants: at 5’3.5’’ my pants are usually too long and scrape along the floor and risk getting frayed, but these fall just to the top of my instep.  

The big, low pockets with the proper spacing between them makes my rear end look well balanced.  (Tiny high pockets make it look awful.). 

I am standing to write this and keep marching around flexing my knees in the pants, just because I can!  🙂

I bought the regular blue ones (not the dark blue).  I am for sure going to buy the black ones next.  Like...probably later today.  

I am a happy customer.  Thank you Aethelthryth!!

I ordered some! I'll let you know how it turns out! 🙂

• Like 2

They fit! Very comfortable, more like yoga pants than jeans. They do not provide a non surgical tummy tuck, unfortunately, so still need a long shirt over them, lol. And I have a small butt, so the big pockets are less flattering than on someone with a larger rear end I bet, but I think DH will like them on me 🙂

• Like 3

My dd just brought mine in from the mailbox 🙂

First of all, I am 50 pounds overweight and it is relatively recent...so I am very unhappy with how I look in general and no magic clothes are going to fix that. LOL. But I think these are going to work for me. They fit (for reference I am 5'4" and wear a 14 in most pants). I ordered the 14 M. The length works and I can still roll them up which I will probably do at least while it is still summer. I will wear a very long shirt with them, which I do most of the time anyway. I am not used to wearing something so form fitting on the legs but I think I'm going to be okay with these. I will have to wear them for a day and let you know. These are way outside my comfort zone but I did like them when I tried them on. 

So, first impression is pretty good. Definitely worth the $25 or whatever it was to give it a shot. I'm washing them up now and won't make an assessment until I've worn them for a day. But I am hopeful! (and I do try to experiment with different styles from time to time so I'm totally up for something different.)

• Like 4

I got mine today and I really like them! Super comfy. I am about 5'5" and have a postpartum body, so I ordered a 16 regular in the dark jeans. I have a really short waist also. They are maybe a little baggy around the crotch area, but I'm not sure if that's a length issue or a size issue ... Regardless I think a 14 would have been too tight to be comfortable, and I don't think a short would have been long enough, so I don't think I will exchange for a different size. I'm happy with them! I'll see how it goes after I wash them and after the first few times I wear them and if they are as comfy to wear as they are to try on, I will probably get another pair, maybe in the lighter jean material this time. Yay for the Hive! 🙂

• Like 2

I got mine today and also thought they were really comfortable! I am going to order another pair in a different size just to compare, but I feel confident that I’ll be keeping one pair. For size reference, I ordered a medium length and I’m 5’ 5’’. They do fit well (go to my ankle), but I’m weird and actually like my pants a bit above my ankle so I’m trying the short even though I don’t normally buy short or petite. But I can’t believe how much more comfy they are than my regular jeans!

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I’m resurrecting this thread to say that I now have three pairs of these. They are AMAZING! People at work are so over me right now. I need 100 more pairs. They are comfy and look fantastic, especially from the back 😉. They’ve washed well and I’ve been super satisfied at how well they maintain their color and shape. Thanks for the recommendation! 

• Like 2

Chiming in to say, I do like the black pair I bought. They're more trouser material than jean but that's cool cause I bought them for dressier stuff. That said, I'm hippy (with plenty of junk in the trunk) and I do have to shimmy a bit to get them up over my hips. Once up, they feel fine!

Also, because of the shimmy issue, I bought the version of these jeans that are zip-up/button closure. (Everything else seemed to be the same.) They are sized MUCH smaller. Like unwearably right. So FYI...