Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! Playing catch-up here, since none of my usual Saturday things got done over the weekend. Lovely spring morning here!

• School - help dd stay on track in the afternoon, check her math. Shorter day for ds. 
  • Quick grocery shopping for a few essentials. Bigger trip on Tuesday when I have more time. 
  • Post Office
  • Ds to/from swimming
  • Quick, easy dinner  - Trader Joe's kung pao chx and egg rolls! Already in my freezer. Woohoo for last week's planning ahead. 
  • Cub Scouts pack meeting! 
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Looks like it is going to be a nice day today - sunny and in the 40s. I'm in an unusually good mood for a Monday, especially considering I stayed up too late reading and then had to get up at 5:15 since I'm on solo chore duty in the mornings again. Hoping I can get a lot done today.

• school w/dd
  • office work (pay health insurance & a few other bills, renew vehicle reg. if govt. website is working, go through credit card bills, file - I haven't filed in so long and my pile is like 3' high...)
  • order stamps
  • wipe down kitchen cabinets
  • clean fridge
  • vacuum and mop mudroom
  • a few kitchen things
  • turn two Visa debit cards I got for a rebate into Amazon gift cards
  • laundry
  • water plants
  • dinner: I'm making veggie fried rice with all the produce that needs to be used up
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Dh is on spring break this week, which should make for an interesting week since we need to do school on top of all the stuff he’ll have going on. 🤪  His big project for the week is installing new lights in our kitchen.  We’ve been remodeling our kitchen for the part year and the lights/ceiling are really the last big thing to do. 

I really don’t even know what to expect from today! 

Coffee/read/pray

print ds14’s geometry test

shower and dress

school boys

try to catch up with girls in their novels 

help dh with lighting project (as needed) 

send e-mail to co op class moms about an assignment 

cook something for my parents

visit parents and take food 

clean. . .something

go for a walk 

• Like 7

Good morning!  First day back for DS14 after Spring Break, DS17 has day off (it was a makeup snow day that they never had so day off).  I'm waiting for my exterminator to come between 9-10 so I got up and moving quickly this AM.  DH is out of town until Thursday late.

-coffee
-workout (cardio)
-school (must keep better eye on DS14 - he is missing 8 assignments from his AP class.....grrrrrr)
-call plumber
-grocery shop
-laundry DONE: 2
-work around the house (still need to organize and decorate the things that were unpacked and just thrown on shelves willy nilly)
-out to dinner with baseball team (5:30) - cancelled because game was moved up to 4:30 due to rain forecasted
-DS17 baseball game at 7:30 an hour north of here (ugh, and of course traffic up the interstate is dreadful and DH isn't here)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning! I'll definitely be praying for the other kiddos who are having struggles!

Done:

• breakfast and lunch for dh
  • breakfast and coffee and bible study for me
  • finished study guide answer key for economics

To Do:

• go for a walk when it gets a bit warmer
  • tutor one student
  • make a grocery list and go to the store
  • go to tea at a friend's house (I used to go just about every week and don't have time with ds' swim.)
  • dinner out with dh
  • more work on co-op classes
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning! ds3 is on spring break, dd2 is on her way to see her sister (Airline had a computer break down and it was a small disaster- but she texted she is on the plane- so all is good now). I have catch-up things to do in the house and some postponed errands to run.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • move some boxes from dmil's (mostly photos) to basement closet
  • water/weed
  • clean under the kitchen sink
  • vacuum area rug and basement
  • regular chore list
  • remind ds3 that he has some catch up of his own to do
  • ds3 to gym/meet up with some tennis buddies, I think
  • dinner- all we have I think is a NY style cheesecake that ds3 made yesterday. It looks amazing- probably that shouldn't be all I eat today.

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Still coffeeing up - I can't remember exactly what I wanted to finish over the weekend / send out by this morning ....

I spent the whole weekend either carting my kids around or entertaining our house guest.  So today I am in catch-up mode.

Done:

• Slept like normal people.
  • Kids off to the school bus "on time."
  • Cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Washed 2 loads of laundry so far.
  • Planned evening schedule with various folks.
  • Communicated kids' schedule to driver.
  • Finished my shower etc.
  • Checked kids' school results.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media.
  • Had 1 call with a client (and lived through it).
  • Placed an Amazon order.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Lots of work.
  • Finish laundry (total 3 loads - fully processed & put away).
  • Bills.
  • Fed-Ex stop.
  • Work on tomorrow's schedule - it's going to be complicated.
  • Dinner out - early.
  • Kid 1 to gymnastics.
  • Kid 2 has to clean out the van for tomorrow.
  • Kid 2 has to figure out plans / supplies / orders for an AHG project.
  • Kids' homework.
  • Read-aloud??
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 7

Morning, all!   It is the first day of spring break and I'm carless.  Sigh...     We test drove a Honda hybrid yesterday, asked them to hold it for a day.  I don't know if I'm ready to make a decision.  

To do:

coffee, coffee, coffee

start laundry

eat breakfast, clean kitchen

submit dd's missing tests

call dr for appts

research more cars

gym, weigh in

work on books, bookshelves, make decisions on spare bedroom

meatloaf for dinner, grilled veggies, salad

Have a great day!

• Like 6

My pile is filed.🏆 (Had to give myself a trophy for this accomplishment - it was a big, ugly pile.)

Bills are paid.

Assorted other work things done.

On my third load of laundry. Put two clean basketfuls away.

Watered and tended to my houseplants.

Not much cleaning got done, but might try to squeeze some in after dinner and evening chores.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

Need to get off my butt and get to grocery store.  Why is it that when I start the day off with a bang I fizzle out by 10:30?

I never made it to the store! I think I may go in the morning after I make dh's breakfast and pack his lunch. I tutor at 9:30, so I've got plenty of time. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Good morning!

Dh is on spring break this week, which should make for an interesting week since we need to do school on top of all the stuff he’ll have going on. 🤪  His big project for the week is installing new lights in our kitchen.  We’ve been remodeling our kitchen for the part year and the lights/ceiling are really the last big thing to do. 

I really don’t even know what to expect from today! 

Coffee/read/pray

print ds14’s geometry test 

shower and dress

school boys [DH helped!]

try to catch up with girls in their novels [going to bed soon to try to do this before I fall asleep]

help dh with lighting project (as needed) [dh decided to put the lights up temporarily so we can make sure we like their placement before he makes them permanent]

send e-mail to co op class moms about an assignment 

cook something for my parents

visit parents and take food 

clean. . .something

go for a walk 

Today turned out to be a booger for me! I got word from my mom that she got some bad news at her doctor's appointment that is a setback to her healing from hip surgery. She is supposed to stay off her feet as much as possible until she goes back to the doctor in FOUR WEEKS.  That sent me into a tizzy of cooking for them.  My daddy does a good job of taking care of her (she'd say too good somtimes--ha!), but he does not cook. The plus side of all this is that my dd14 really stepped up to the plate and helped out a ton with the cooking. 

And now I'm tired enough to crash here at 9 p.m.  

• Like 4

Just now, Margaret in CO said:

We live in paradise! I'm not sure dd would agree this winter--it's been long. She's plowed 278" of the white stuff this year! This is what she drives!

Wow.  We can't even imagine more than 6" of snow.  And that only happens once every few years!  LOL

• Like 3