Menu

Favorite clothing hangers?

Tap

Favorite style of clothing hangers?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite style of clothing hangers?

• Plastic tube style
    • Flocked (fuzzy non-slip)
    • Solid stainless steel (thick style used in clothing stores)
    • Metal wire (thin dry cleaner style )
    • Wire hook/plastic body (like most clothing stores)
    • Wood
    • Other...Special shape/material that I didn't list
    • Whatever! As long as it holds up the clothes, is good for me!

1 minute ago, hopeistheword said:

My favorite are the nonslip kind, which is what I assume you mean by flocked.  That’s what I meant when I voted for flocked, anyway. 

Thank you. I clarified it. Flocked hangers are the fuzzy ones that have become more mainstream the past 10 years or so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tap said:

Thank you. I clarified it. Flocked hangers are the fuzzy ones that have become more mainstream the past 10 years or so. 

I love these. In fact, my goal was to replace all my hangers with this kind over time. Thanks for the reminder!

I like the plastic tube hangers, especially the big tubes. I don't like the tube hangers that have notches in the top to hold items with spaghetti straps. Those cause my clothes to stretch funny above the shoulder because they get caught on those notches.

I also have some crocheted wire hangers that are hand me downs from MIL. I like those, too, but DH doesn't.

• Like 1

I have the flocked ones right now.  They are too wide for some items, and it's actually hard to get some things off them.  I've broken a few of them.  I do like that they take up so much less space in the closet, and I like the uniformity.

The tubular ones are fine, as long as they don't have those notches on top a PP mentioned.  I prefer the very heavy ones so they can used for pants, too.  They do take up a lot more space.

My very favorites, though, are the old-style padded hangers with satin, like these: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=padded+hangers&ref=nb_sb_noss_1.  I love being able to hang sweaters and delicate tops or dresses on them without stretching out the shoulders.  They take up way too much room for anything else.

Utopia Home Lightweight Clothes Hangers - 30 Pack - Non-Slip Durable Clothes Hanger Set - Plastic Hanger Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1SR31D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TMjHCb9J08YAW

not this exact set.  But this basic shape type.  Except for a heavy coat or specialty item.  (These are too expensive.  They should be about half that cost now, I think)

Edited by Pen

We have so many different kinds of hangers here; there is no perfect one.

Flocked hangers are OK for some items, but as has been said, they are too wide for some items / sizes.  They stretch my daughter's clothes.  She likes "Spruttig" hangers from IKEA. 

I think the best ones for my clothes are the clear plastic "crystal" hangers that stores use. Maybe nicer stores?  Not the thin ones walmart uses.

Wire hangers are good for nothing as far as I can tell.