Menu

Today is the first custody hearing. My attorney called "yesterday"......

And reported that his attorney called wanting to "settle this".

His "offer" was:

If I give up custody, they won't "go for" child support. :confused:

As if the possibility of me paying child support has anything at all to do with my fighting this. Why kind of "offer" is that?

Court is at 9:00 am. I think the only things being decided will be possibily revisiting *his* child support (still at $400 for 3 kids - total - not per child) and their motion to have an ad litum assigned. I'm not against an ad litum. I am against paying for one since I did not initiate, ask for or continue this case.

There's more but I won't post it.

I'm also sick, which is why I was around all afternoon. The goods news there is that DH worked my Tuesday night job and I got to see my son's final game of the season.

And we got a puppy, but that's a whole other post!

Joanne,

it is my understanding that child support is based on what both parent incomes are and therefore the income level the child would have if the family were intact. So, if parent A makes significantly more than parent B and parent B has custody then parent A must pay support. However, if parent A has custody there may be very little support mandated from parent B. I don't know the fine details of your income compared to your ex's and I'm from a different state where support calculations may be made differently, but it seems to me that you ex may have trouble getting support from you given you still have custody of 2 of the children and from your previous posts I thought your ex had a larger income. Did you attorney make any comment about the reasonableness of the "offer"? To me it sounds like the attorney and your ex are trying see what they can get away with. Again, I'm not an expert on Texas Family Law.

I'm praying for you to get through this as smoothly as possible.