Menu

Who’s going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Today I finish the main decluttering of my office/pantry/general chaos loft!!!

Also laundry, dropping off donations, sorting the books I'm finally purging, and general stuff but, oh, that loft!

I have this grand plan to macro-declutter the whole house, then deep clean, and then micro-de clutter and properly organize everything. The loft area has been an enormous challenge, but I'm *this* close to getting that first step done in there!

• Like 5

Good morning!  Another house showing today.  And then, deep breath, Clemson football later this afternoon.  I really have to start thinking about our upcoming trip to SC to get DH and DS17 settled.  They are moving into a furnished corporate apartment but I still have to figure out a few things that they will need from home.  We still haven't figured out the car situation and how we are going to get DS17's truck up there (not sure if he will drive with me, if he will drive up with my father, if we will have his car shipped up there, etc).

-coffee
-do 2 loads of laundry
-get house ready for showing
-get out of house with kids and dog for an hour

-figure out what food to make for football game tonight
-call and reschedule my hair appointment
-remember that DS17 has hair appointment at 4
-Clemson football at 4 pm

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Pretty morning here - we got snow and freezing rain overnight and it's a bit slippery out there. I'm hoping to stay home all day today and get my messy house shaped up.

• laundry - several loads
  • take down tree and decorations
  • put the fairy lights in the living room back up (I took them down when we got our lab puppies so they wouldn't get eaten - hopefully, they'll be safe now!) 
  • vacuum and mop main floor
  • prod dh and ds18 to put away their Christmas presents, which have been piled up on the kitchen counter since Christmas morning
  • start a major decluttering sweep - going to focus on the main floor bookshelves, horse supply closet, and pantry today
  • water plants
  • place a Boxed order
  • remember that I have an Etsy credit to spend by the 31st
  • dinner: five bean chili and baked potatoes
  • read and watch hockey tonight
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Good morning!

• Drop ds at my mom's, so he can help her and visit.
  • Take dd to the mall to exchange or return a sweater that doesn't fit.
  • Get a box from the attic. 
  • Buy egg nog? 
  • Work on my school notebook? 
  • Rent a movie? 

Dinner is a new recipe: pork tenderloin with apple and parsnip hash. Plus some green veggie. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Morning, all!  It's still a little cool this morning, and dh just texted me that his ice warning light came on.  He was very excited since we hardly ever get that kind of thing around here.  Also, I learned yesterday that I moved key clothing items to new house.  Problematic, because I only had a pair of sandals, no jacket here.  Oh well...

To do:

Some leftovers from yesterday's list (devotional for 2019, drop off books, sort baking items)

Put roast in crockpot for dinner 

inquire about painting estimates

venture into garage, list some items for sale

find some very strong decaf k-cups for Keurig (suggestions welcome)

watch the two football games (maybe church in between the two?)

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Put away a few items of folded clothing before "Squirrel" kicked in.  I guess I will get back to that later.  (This is one reason these tackle lists are so helpful!)

Took out garbage

Took dd to Starbucks on my way to dropping her off at volunteering

I am on a roll this vacation.  I went through two tote bags of camp materials from 2017.  Some materials were tossed, some filed, some bagged with like craft materials for future camps.  Some papers that somehow got tossed in the bags as well got filed or shredded.  Lately whenever I do filing, I am also doing a bit of extra shredding to make room in my filing boxes.  Today I shredded Rocky's paperwork (deceased two years ago) and Bailey's (deceased this past summer).  It took me just over an hour, so I don't know why it took me a year and a half to do.  Actually I do know why - in the past it took all my energy and then some to just keep up with the absolute necessities of life - which is why I have tote bags and boxes of stuff to go through that date much older than 2017.  I am working backwards.    But now I've slid into pain so I'm going to take a Netflix break before doing the next thing. 

• Like 2

Got the tree undecorated, which only took about five minutes since I kept it super simple this year. I got most of the other decorations taken down, too. Decluttered a few unused items from the Christmas bins while I was putting things away,

My fairy lights are back up in the living room - I love them! They make such a difference on gloomy days like today.

• Like 2

Dinner was yummy. Parsnip, apple and onion hash with a little rosemary and bacon in it!

I got a lot done on my school planning, thinking ,organizing today. 

Trying to plan a backyard bonfire and s'mores night for next week, but the weather forecast is all wrong, either rain or too cold. 

Church prep is done. 

Next up:

move the laundry

pj's,  hot tea, and a book

• Like 2

Is is Sunday, so it is already done, but I 

• Took down Christmas decorations, packed, and took to storage
  • Filled both trash cans completely, trash gets picked up Mon
  • Packed 5 boxes and took them to storage
  • Picked up some more boxes to pack
  • Cleaned the kitchen and my bedroom (I am terrible with the bedroom, if the door shuts, I don't bother cleaning as much!)
  • Got 4 boxes ready for donations and will take them today (Sun) to the mission group
  • Like 2