Menu

There has been an arrest in bombs case

Scarlett

6 minutes ago, texasmom33 said:

That van is screaming "catch me!" I mean WOW. Crosshairs on people and CNN Sucks and everything else posted on every window? I guess laying low wasn't on his agenda, because you can't get much more out than that van. 

I'll be honest, if this were a movie I'd have rolled my eye at how unrealistic it seems. I'll be interested to hear more about him. This whole thing has been beyond weird.

the cops were aware of him . . . he'd been arrested for making previous bomb threats.

1 hour ago, TravelingChris said:

Apparently, he has claimed to be a Seminole at some time and also Filipino at others.  Has done bodybuilding.  Has threated a lot of judges,  He also used a lot of different last names too.

And might have been a stripper.  But not a Chippendale...he best not sully the Chippendale name:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/26/bomb-suspect-cesar-sayoc-chippendales-knockoff-gold-productions/

1 hour ago, texasmom33 said:

Can you imagine having lived next door to this guy?!? I mean, that is the stuff of nightmares. I'd say that's why I live in the country but I think we also attract our fair share of what some may regard as his philosophical ilk out this way, so you can't really say that. 

I don't know, when I lived in/near DC and the suburbs there was a lot of stuff like that van driving around that I saw. There was a van like that in my neighborhood in suburban Northern VA...actually it was more cardboard with scrawling and less shiny stickers. There were people outside the White House all the time with obscure causes that I didn't understand or thought were..strange...but they were protesters and it was DC.

Now I live far, far from DC and there are people with wacky-looking spray painted billboards of all political persuasions around (in fact I'm pretty sure there is some kind of Hatfield-McCoy thing going on in one spot on the highway where they spray paint over each other's billboards).

While it is wack-a-doo, it doesn't really scare me at all. It's not really nightmare-ish to me even though I wouldn't normally approach someone driving around  with a van like that for a friendly chat. But being around political zealots of stripes in DC inured me to thinking it was something to be afraid of. I mean, you can look back and say, "Of course it was that guy," but not all people who do stuff like that are going to act out of violence.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EmseB said:

I don't know, when I lived in/near DC and the suburbs there was a lot of stuff like that van driving around that I saw. There was a van like that in my neighborhood in suburban Northern VA...actually it was more cardboard with scrawling and less shiny stickers. There were people outside the White House all the time with obscure causes that I didn't understand or thought were..strange...but they were protesters and it was DC.

Now I live far, far from DC and there are people with wacky-looking spray painted billboards of all political persuasions around (in fact I'm pretty sure there is some kind of Hatfield-McCoy thing going on in one spot on the highway where they spray paint over each other's billboards).

While it is wack-a-doo, it doesn't really scare me at all. It's not really nightmare-ish to me even though I wouldn't normally approach someone driving around  with a van like that for a friendly chat. But being around political zealots of stripes in DC inured me to thinking it was something to be afraid of. I mean, you can look back and say, "Of course it was that guy," but not all people who do stuff like that are going to act out of violence.

Yeah, maybe it's a DC thing, but the whole van covered in "off" political stuff is not an unknown sight.

We have a new conspiracy guy in our neighborhood. Homeless. Twenty odd signs covering our little public plaza most days. Pizzagate, government implants style stuff.

And he had all kind of crimes too. Like 2 x for anabolic steroids (not corticosteroids like I have to take, but ones to build muscles and can lead to roid rage), domestic violence, theft, other type of drugs- I believe It was meth, etc.

But I certainly understand all those piping in about people with signs, and decorated vehicles. I have seen these people and vehicles in even small towns sometimes. Some are harmless, some aren't.

33 minutes ago, texasmom33 said:

I hope you write a novel one day with your neighborhood as the setting. I'm hoping I don't have my boardie details mixed up- but didn't you/don't you have the drug dealers down the road mixed in on the same street with the new crazy money trying to renovate a historic house into a monstrosity? And now conspiracy guy too! 

Lol. Yeah. That's totally my 'hood. The neighbors dialed back and didn't do the pop-up on their house though. Whew. Lots of others in my neighborhood have though. The conspiracy guy seems harmless. But hilariously, my yoga teacher and I were talking about "the new conspiracy guy" only to realize later that we were discussing totally different new conspiracy guys. Oy. But forget the conspiracy guys. This guy is by far my favorite neighborhood "character." He's really nice too.

• Like 1

I would never honk at or approach that van, but it wouldn't be abnormal to see something like that here. We have a lot of really "off" political conspiracists, and the local Flat Earther's pick up truck is insanely decorated. The guy two blocks over has neo nazi as well as confederate stuff all over his house and car, flies the nazi flag on his porch, and openly carries. No one approaches him. I can't wait to leave this area!

I hope this guy is never paroled. Clearly he should not be walking amongst us. But, I also think it is just a tad crazy in 2018 to NOT have a definition of domestic terrorism encoded in the law under which people can be charged. That's crazy.