Menu

ballet shoes

lynn

If you don't have a Payless (I didn't see ballet shoes at ours when I was in there recently), do you have a dance store? Our studio sells them for a good price, but they don't tend to have them big enough for my dd so we go to the local dance shop. If these are for dress up and play, rather than actual dance, sometimes Walmart has little ballet slippers. I got them for Emma for her 1st pair, but because they didn't have elastic over the top of the foot, they didn't stay on. They were great for play, though.

You have to be careful with Discount Dance. They have great prices, but be sure to pay attention to whether the shoes run large or small - usually they will tell you. I have gotten shoes from them that simply did not fit (but mostly because I didn't pay attention).

NOT the satin slippers!! I have seen untold numbers of girls take falls because those are *slippers* not ballet shoes. They are really slick, and so are wood floors, and the combo with "dance" is not a good one.

Get leather soles, so they don't slip. They can be uber-cheap, but not the satin ones!!I don't even know why they make those darn things-!