Menu

I need some gluten free lunch options

lynn

Assuming this is to take with her, and she has an insulated lunch container with an ice pack:

Salami, cheese, GF crackers (Breton, Milton's, quite a few choices out there now)

Tuna wrap on GF tortilla (Mission brand is good IMO) or tuna salad with GF crackers

Sandwich on GF bread (Trader Joe's, Udi's, Franz are good IMO)

Deli meat and cheese rollups

Hard boiled eggs, or egg salad sandwiches or with GF crackers

Taco salad (shredded iceberg, refried beans, seasoned ground meat, etc) and a container of salsa, dressing, guacamole

Add yogurt, fruit, pretzels (Snyder's or Glutino), chips, veggie sticks & dip, dessert, etc.

I take a packed lunch to work 4x a week and these are some of my typical meals.

• Like 2

When I pack lunch, I take a combo of:

Sandwich

Deli meat rolls, cheese, crackers

Hummus or guacamole (you can buy individual servings in packs of 4 at the grocery store)

Larabar or granola bar

Jerky stick

Apple slices with peanut butter

Hard boiled eggs (but kids don't always want to take that)

Trail mix with nuts for energy

Dinner leftovers

Greek yogurt is filling

I have a bento-like box with sections, which makes it easy to throw a variety of foods together without worrying about whether they "go" well together. I like this brand (expensive but lasts for years!): https://www.ukonserve.com/U-Konserve-Food-Storage-Containers-s/26.htm

My DS is not a fan of GF bead unless it is grilled. He will grill a sandwich in the morning and eat it cold at lunch. He does hummus with GR pita bread (BeFree brand) or laughing cow cheese with GF crackers, or single serve packets of peanut butter that he likes to eat straight out of the packet. Then he takes a individual bag of chips (actually hot fries), Lance brand GF crackers, homemade Chex mix, flavored rice crackers. If I make him, he will take and eat a fruit cup. For sweets, we have homemade GF cookies, brownies or store bought gf cookies. We also have some Kozy Shack rice pudding cups. He also take a mix of GF bars -Larabars, kind bars, Kashi, what ever we have.