Menu

Mystery box of the month clubs

Elfknitter.#

Do you sign up for a monthly box/crate/package of something pre-chosen? If so, what?

i recently signed myself up for a yarn of the month box as an attempt at self care. I like receiving an unknown to me box of goodies. So then I signed up oldest and youngest for boxes. Oldest is getting Kiwico’s Doodlecrates and youngest is getting Little Passports. I have yet to find anything for middle child- but if you know of any monthly subscription for an introverted, video game obsessed 13 yo, let me know.

I am consider ipsy to help me with skincare and make up regimes. 

I don't.  We've done Little Passports and most recently One Third Stories.  We liked OTS better than Little Passports, because each book's vocabulary built upon previous ones.  But they weren't getting used this summer, so we dropped our subscription.  I had considered Bitsbox for coding, but I think we're going to take a long break.
I can't make myself get a box for me. ?  I always want to be sure I'm going to use what I get.  I wish they would do more skill based boxes for adults like they do for kids, where each one builds on the previous one.

• Like 2

Oh yeah. I love them. I like to do each one for 3-6 months, then switch to something else. 
We have done:
Kidstir

Ipsy

Dollar Shave Club

Harry's

Graze

Degusta 

Lucha Loot

Pin Culture

Field to Cup

Desert Box

Tampon Tribe

Lip Service
Facetory

Currently waiting for :

Food With Love

Birchbox

If you haven't yet, check out  https://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/ and https://www.cratejoy.com/

• Thanks 1

I get both Ipsy and Birchbox. I love it! They're only $10 a month/each. I have gotten some really nice and expensive brands of makeup, skin care, shampoo, and makeup brushes. What I don't use, I pass on to my 15 year old make up obsessed daughter! She had a subscription to Ipsy for a year as a gift from her grandmother. It has expired, but she still gets quite a bit from me. 

I've done some.

FabFitFun has a mix of household items, accessories, skincare and makeup. They are high quality items and the value far exceeds the cost of the box. If you sign up for an annual subscription you get to pick some of the items. I did this and have given almost everything away. I'm not renewing this.

Cloth & Paper is stationary and other office supplies. It's mostly items that fit paper organizers, which I don't use as I use various tool on my phone to do everything now. There is a multitude of different post it notes. I find I rarely use post it notes anymore. My son & I both enjoy the pens, we usually negotiate as to who gets which pens. I think I will renew the pen part of the subscription but not the stationery part.

Kiwi Crate is kids activities that vary according to an age range. I gave 3 month subscriptions as Christmas gifts to some of the kids in our family and they enjoyed them quite a bit.

Magnolia Crate isn't really a crate, it's an envelope. It is another stationery subscription, this one of a small selection (5, I think) of greeting cards. I enjoy this one as it helps me to have cards on hand to send when I need to. It's a good mix of blank, birthday and other special occasion cards, with most of them being blank. The cards are great quality, not something I would find in Target or a drugstore,  and I know I could not make or buy them any cheaper.

Stitch Fix has gotten a lot of reviews here on the forum, so I won't go into it. You can schedule a regular fix or do them on demand. I do them on demand. I enjoy this one and keep about 50% of the items overall.

Otaku Crate, which was manga & "Japanese culture," was unreliable and so we stopped that subscription.

Graze is a healthy snack subscription. The free one was nice, but in the end, I didn't subscribe because the regular boxes were too expensive for what we got.

I found out about most of these boxes at mysubscriptionaddiction.com - they have hundreds listed and offer a lot of intro deals & coupons.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Liz CA said:

Tech Wife, it looks like Magnolia Crate has closed their shop permanently.

I still have to get around to doing Stitch Fix...

Oh, that’s so sad, they did a good job. I’ll miss getting those cards. June must have been their last month.