Menu

Salad dressing container

Pen

I have been using empty oil or vinegar bottles for my own homemade dressing mixture, but want something that will be easier to use and to clean. 

If you have one you like, either exact model or type, please share. 

I would prefer glass, but would consider metal or plastic.  

The dressing ends up used both on salad and also sprinkled onto sandwiches. Ideally I would like a single container for both uses. But this is used multiple times daily so separate items for each function is ok if necessary. 

Distinctive appearance would also be helpful so as not to end up with brownies with vinegar dressing in them instead of oil. ?

I don't have a model and serial number because I found it at TJ Maxx more than a year ago.  But if you browse through their kitchen wares there you might find a dressing bottle like this one with built-in recipes on the side.  The linked one is something similar on Amazon, not the exact one I have, which is easier to get clean in the dishwasher. It has a plastic lid for cover, it has marks on the side for the recipes, and you just fill each ingredient from the bottom up to the indicated line, close the bottle, and shake to combine.

Since then I've often thought that a measuring cup with a lid might be a better option. At least if you already have preferred recipes.

A blender bottle (the sort used for protein shakes) might be another option. 

• Like 2

I like half pint mason jars since I make smaller batches of dressing. I use the screw on plastic lids you can get in the grocery store with the canning supplies. I stir the dressing with a spoon and I apply it with the same spoon--I prefer a light touch with the dressing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

7 minutes ago, 6packofun said:

Yes, this is my favorite. 

While I would prefer glass, I have this one too, and it works well. I've had it for at least 2 years. I do have to wipe the sides and top down every so often, but it has held up fine in the dishwasher, and the stopper still works smoothly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lori D. said:

While I would prefer glass, I have this one too, and it works well. I've had it for at least 2 years. I do have to wipe the sides and top down every so often, but it has held up fine in the dishwasher, and the stopper still works smoothly.

I would probably get something like this: https://www.containerstore.com/s/square-hermetic-glass-bottles/d?productId=10003575&q=oil dressing bottle

• Like 1

Thank you to all who have replied. Now I have some possibilities but am unsure which to try. I’d love one of those hermetic glass things , but we don’t have a dishwasher and I think even with bottle brush it would be too hard to clean. 

So it looks like a plastic oxo type or mason jar with lid (didn’t know there were all sorts of lids available!) will be my best bet.