Menu

Gross toilet problem, please help

Janie Grace

Not for the faint of heart. Seriously. Yesterday morning, I discovered that my sons' toilet was clogged (poop and lots of TP). I tried plunging and it just got worse. Ended up using Draino and plunging again and that did it. Cleaned the entire toilet very thoroughly after the clog was cleared. 

But now, when flushed, the toilet leaks brown stuff from one side of the bowl. The tank water seems okay (but it's an old tank so there's some discoloration); it's almost like there is poop jammed up inside the rim where the water comes out into the bowl. I have used bowl cleaner countless times and scrubbed the life out of it with a bowl brush and an old toothbrush. I have filled the tank with bleach and flushed and flushed. Rinse, repeat. NOTHING IS HELPING. It's like this toilet now wants to ooze poop forever. WHAT THE HECK is going on and how do I fix this? ?

Just now, Janie Grace said:

Inside the bowl (but only when flushed). And it's definitely organic material, not rust. The smell is awful. 

Ugh. Sorry. I had hoped it would be fixed with having the wax ring replaced. No clue what causes this.

35 minutes ago, Garga said:

And free "room of choice" delivery...

... "Thanks, just set it up in the dining room, we're going for a theme of 'In-N-Out'"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Maybe the plunging pushed dirty water and such back up into the holes in the rim? If so, it could take a little time to work itself out as it's like a sieve under the rim, I think. I would get some CLR (the real stuff, not a related product by the same company) and use it according to directions a few times. Flush lots between now and then. 

• Like 1