Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• drop cat off at vet right away this morning for checkup, shots, and a haircut (this is my cat who gets covered in orange dreadlocks if he doesn't get shaved twice a year)
  • maybe pick up breakfast for dd and ds18 while I'm in town
  • school
  • office work (lots to do)
  • vacuum
  • order new jeans
  • pick up cat this afternoon
  • dd Music Club & violin lesson
  • dinner: quinoa with black beans, roasted corn, fire roasted tomatoes, and avocado
  • Like 4

Good morning! I am up early to get everything done before dd2 and I leave. ds3 is at courts, ds2 is at work, and dd2 should be rolling out of bed for practice any minute now.

• coffee/paper
  • get a few things done from my list
  • finish packing
  • library/bank
  • pack cooler
  • leave (4 hr drive) at 12:30 or so.

I might pop in now and then but if I don't, have a wonderful rest of your week and a great weekend!

• Like 5

Happy Wednesday!

Done:

• I got up really late - the kids only had 20 minutes to eat and get ready.  They putz less when that happens, so they usually get done about the same time anyway.
  • Made breakfast & lunch, pushed the kids out the door (driver is doing all their driving today), cleaned the kitchen.
  • Checked the basement for raccoon evidence.  There was a piece of insulation at the door at the top of the stairs, meaning the critter had come up there for some reason.  Nobody better leave that door open.  There was also broken glass where it knocked something off a cabinet.  But no raccoon in the cage - and the baits are still there.  The wildlife lady said she would come again today.  This is getting old.
  • FIlled a box with books to throw in the recycle garbage since I was in the basement anyway.  At this rate I should finish cleaning the basement around 2056.
  • Took out the garbage.
  •  A little cleaning in the bathroom.

To do:

• Work work work.
  • Exercise!?
  • Laundry.
  • Bills.
  • Calendar.
  • A little reading.
  • Kids have math / writing tutor / gymnastics in the evening; home around 9:15.
  • Vision therapy.
  • Read-aloud.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.

• Like 6

Grouchy cat has been dropped off.

Had 2 McDonalds hash browns for breakfast (bad).

Started a load of laundry and hung a load to dry.

Have to remember to order dh some new socks. One of our cats likes to get clean socks out of the laundry room and carry them around, and then the puppies get ahold of them and demolish them - so dh only has like 3 pairs of socks left.:happy:

• Like 5

Ds and his Internet friend showed up unexpectedly last night a day early from camping.  Which is fine.  But it's just a bit more to work around when there is a visitor.  So this morning has been a bit more chaotic than normal.

human care done to summer standards

medical care done

pet care done though I need to check the water situation since it is hot right now.

Juliet is going for a mid - morning puppy date.  Oh, and I am booked to take over the across the street dog boarding while the owner is on vacation - which works out great for me because I need Juliet boarded this summer and that will lower my bill significantly. 

• Like 4

Selkie, trying to picture a cat with dreadlocks made me laugh out loud! Glad I wasn't drinking coffee!

Have a good trip, Jen! Good luck to your dd. 

Early list mostly done. Next up:

• vacuum
  • clean the kitchen
  • make zucchini bread
  • budget/bills
  • enjoy a quiet house while ds is at the pool.  :tongue:
  • pick up ds
  • maybe work on school shelves?

• Like 4

Day off as in don't have to drive anywhere but still work to be done from home.

• Reviewing client's progress and flesh out next steps
  • Laundry
  • Phone calls / texts for work scheduling
  • Perhaps 30 min at gym
  • Walk dog
  • Prep dinner
  • Drop off one car at shop in evening
  • Various smaller cleaning projects
  • Like 4

Worked at the thrift store this morning. Didn't wear my posture brace because my shirt is a little tight and I can't put it on and take it off wearing the brace. So I thought I'd take a chance. I've decided I'm not wearing this shirt anymore while I'm still doing 4-hour shifts. 

Brought home a bedskirt and a blanket to wash because they both smell and I didn't want to put them on the floor like that. Working on those right now. Then I have to do my own laundry which is hopefully only 2 loads.

My Prime Wardrobe bag came today but my back hurts too much to mess with it right now. I'll open it this evening so I can take the unwanted items to the UPS store in the morning.

Tonight's Home Chef dinner is Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese Tart with blistered grape tomatoes and arugula-caramelized onion salad.

Need to do the treadmill today unless my back is still hurting.

• Like 3

Just went and picked the cat up from the vet. Of course, he had to pee in his carrier on the way home.?So it has been thoroughly washed out with hot, soapy water and is sitting out in the sun to dry. I have to remember to bring it in before the rain hits in an hour or so.

Things that still need to get done today:

• clean kitchen
  • finish up laundry
  • order jeans, socks, and vitamins
  • wash grain buckets and get grain and hay ready for tonight
  • start dinner
  • try to get outside chores done early before it thunderstorms
  • Like 3

Vacuumed Dh’s Home office. 

Shampooed stairs, landing and Dh’s office. 

Boys have decided not to go camping but to just do Day trips. I sort of suspected that it might turn out this way. 

Can I just say that I love these young people but THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY VACATION!!!  (A big working vacation). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kitchen is clean, dishwasher is running.

Finished my last load of laundry for the day. Well, there are towels in the washer, but they are going to have to wait to get hung up until the morning because my clotheslines are chock full at the moment.

Ordered vitamins, 2 pairs of jeans for me, and 18 pairs of socks for dh.

Grain buckets are washed and grain and first load of hay is ready.

The corn is roasting for dinner and the rest of it should be pretty quick and easy.

I should remember that there are three big Boxed boxes in the garage that need unpacking, and I also need to restock paper towels.

• Like 2