Menu

Brown sugar frosting recipe?

school17777

I remember a brown sugar frosting that my mom used to make for cakes.  She doesn’t remember making it, nor the recipe.  I found it this fall, maybe from here, but I can’t find it anywhere right now (and I already baked the cake!).

I think the recipe is just butter and brown sugar, maybe something else.  I do know for sure that it doesn’t involve cooking, just mixing.  Anyone have a recipe like this?  Every recipe that I google calls for boiling the ingredients.

• Like 1

Seafoam Frosting, or Seven-Minute Frosting, is what we always called the brown sugar frosting you make by beating it in the top pan of a double boiler over boiling water until it turns shiny -- it is a lovely, champagne-colored frosting, and melts in the mouth!

However, here's a Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting that requires no stovetop. Oo! And here's a no-cook Epicurious recipe that involves cream cheese: Creamy Brown Sugar Frosting

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, Lori D. said:

Don't leave us hanging! What kind of cake was it, and what frosting did you go with? And most of all HOW WAS IT?!? (:D

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this post.  We got home at 8:30 last night and I still had to make the frosting.  I’m not sure whose recipe I used, but it was good.  It was not the recipe that I found this fall.  I will have to rack my brain to remember where I found that recipe.

oh, the cake was pumpkin from a cake mix that I recently bought and was the only cake mix in the pantry.  Mil liked it, so that’s what mattered most since it was her birthday cake.  I’m guessing the cake will be gone tonight.

• Like 2