Menu

Microfiber sheets?

Night Elf

We had some microfiber sheets that were given to us a gift. They were very soft and easy to care for. I didn’t like how hair stuck to them even after they were washed. And then I went into menopause and I realized microfiber sheets were evil. They trap heat and sweat and make hot flashes 10x more miserable than they need to be. I have seen that on Amazon they get good reviews and are affordable and will probably work well for your daughter. But for me, I will never use them again.

• Like 5

We slept on microfiber sheets at a B and B last year, and they were the softest, snuggliest sheets I have ever experienced.  Of course, that was in December.  No idea about how hot they might be later in the year.  They certainly were not as warming as, say, flannel sheets.

I have considered buying a set from them, but we use 3 standard sized pillows on our CA king bed rather than 2 king sized ones, so the pillow cases would be wrong.  (They only sell their sheets in entire sets.)

5 hours ago, Night Elf said:

I told her if she didn't like them I'd try to find solid cotton. I don't mind spending the money to find what is most comfortable for her. 

As far as them being hot, I think she stays cold at night She usually sleeps with two blankets year round.

I really liked some wamsutta 400ct sheets. (at least I think it's the 400)  amazon doesn't carry them.  so - I had to break down and do BBB.   but they still take a coupon when the sheets are on sale.   and they're current on sale.