Menu

What do you call someone who comes up with the idea for an activity & leads it?

RootAnn

DD#1 and I are working on her 'activities resume' (summer activity applications & will use it as a base for scholarship applications next year) and we're struggling for an appropriate word for someone who comes up with an idea for an activity or event (not a business), organizes it, and runs the whole thing. Not sure "organizer" or "developer" captures everything.

Ideas?

DD#1 and I are working on her 'activities resume' (summer activity applications & will use it as a base for scholarship applications next year) and we're struggling for an appropriate word for someone who comes up with an idea for an activity or event (not a business), organizes it, and runs the whole thing. Not sure "organizer" or "developer" captures everything.

Ideas?

Activity leader?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These are great. For a one-word name, we like "originator" best. If we go with a longer explanation, I like the "conceived, organized, implemented" one. 

Thanks.

[Word to all of those with rising high schoolers. Keep a list of extracurriculars, awards, volunteer activities, etc. Much easier than trying to remember the dates and details years later....]

• Like 4

Thanks, all!

Since she doesn't have a lot of leadership activities to highlight, we want to focus on how she thought up the idea and then took it all the way through to fruition, so we decided on "Originator and Organizer" for now.

We have time to change the wording for college scholarships later, but she's trying to get her Girls State application done now.  :coolgleamA: