Menu

S/o: What was the first item you ever ordered on Amazon?

J-rap

Well, that was fascinating. The first things I ever bought on Amazon, I bought from CHINA and had shipped to dh, who then sent them to me. I didn't remember that at all. But I must have picked them out with my clunky internet dialup cards that I bought at the ChinaPost and shipped them to dh's house. I remember reading these books and receiving them in China.

• Like 1

Lol, my first order included:

The Pocket Parent

The Strong-Willed Child

How to Talk so your child will listen and listen...etc etc

Apparently I was having some issues with my oldest. I also ordered bottles for the youngest. This was in 2008.

When I looked at 2009, it is filled with Wee Sing and Kumon and art books galore. Preschool years!

• Like 1

In "Orders" my drop down menu goes back to 2000, but then tells me I had no orders in 2000. Checking 2001, the first item was ordered in January 2001, and was a Thomas the Tank Engine video (yes, VHS). Awww! 

More surprising.....the next order wasn't until November 2001, and was apparently a great deal of Christmas stuff that I am very surprised we ordered on Amazon back then (a ball pit, a large toy chest, the balls for the ball pit, something else I can't remember now, and a Mickey Mouse doll, though I can't imagine who that would have been for). I'm just surprised that back then we were already comfortable ordering large/oversized stuff like that, especially to our apartment, but......

The Continuum Concept and Magical Child (I think - I no longer have it but it sounds right).  I ordered them in early 1998, and they were delivered the following day.  Unfortunately that Amazon account was tied to an old email address and I can't remember what it was.  Too bad, because I would like to know what I ordered next.