Menu

Do you run hot or cold?

DawnM

Hot. I'm happiest when the temp is 40 or below, and I don't wear a coat until it's down in the 20's. My kids are the same way. I think it's our Scandinavian blood. :)

I don't even own a "winter" coat. I have a puffy vest, a hoodie & one of those really nice "knitted/crocheted" shawls. I can easily leave the house in below 20f and never use one. Between the car heat, store heat , etc I just don't need anything. My kids are the same. Not dh. He wants all the layers.

• Like 1

Hot always, I run around in t-shirt and shorts down to 40's

I wear short sleeve t's at home all winter. And thin yoga pants with flip flops. Damn that woodstove. I even do a quick animal check with that on while dh layers up. Drives me crazy. Just check for eggs & hurry back in .

I've always been cold easily. But I have noticed over the past few years that it has gotten much better. People have told me that being cold stops with menopause; I look forward to that.

Ahem... don't get your hopes up just yet. I have always tended to feeling cold easily and this did not change with menopause but then I have never had a hot flash either so perhaps not an average reaction. Looks like the bio-identical HR is working well.

Edited by Liz CA

Hot, I think. I always have fans and wear little clothing.

But I'm pretty tolerant. We have always lived in hot places. It's 101 today feels lovely.

In Chicago, I layered thermals under my sundresses and slippers and off I went at -30.

My basal Temp Falls Around 95 And Always Has. I Wonder If That Relates.

I don't wear a coat until it's down in the 20's. 

Even when you are outside for prolongued time??? I get not needing a coat when it's from heated house to car to store or work. But several hours outside in freezing temps without coat of some sort? (Or do you wear a heavy fleece but don't count it as a "coat"?)

Edited by regentrude

cold... my fingers started turning blue at dinner tonight. It was 78 degrees outside. The AC was blowing in the restuarant pretty hard, and I drank a ton of ice water. I was shivering so much my back started to hurt again. 

I bring a portable heater with me to the chuch I teach in because I have had to put gloves on to teach. 

I also hate being hot. I do not sweat easily so I get uncomfortable quick.

I run COLD and I live with people who are human heaters. My body temperature drops when I sleep, but they just warm right up when they're snoozing. My house is cold year-round. I'm installing vinyl plank floors now. The directions say to let the finished floor dwell at 65 degrees for a day (maybe two?). No problem. That's just a few degrees cooler than we keep it all the time. I am the expert at hacks for keeping warm in a cool house.

• Like 1

Even when you are outside for prolongued time??? I get not needing a coat when it's from heated house to car to store or work. But several hours outside in freezing temps without coat of some sort? (Or do you wear a heavy fleece but don't count it as a "coat"?)

Nope, I'm outside for hours each day doing chores in short sleeves. 

cold... my fingers started turning blue at dinner tonight. It was 78 degrees outside. The AC was blowing in the restuarant pretty hard, and I drank a ton of ice water. I was shivering so much my back started to hurt again.

I bring a portable heater with me to the chuch I teach in because I have had to put gloves on to teach.

I also hate being hot. I do not sweat easily so I get uncomfortable quick.

My family absolutely ridicules me if my teeth start chattering from restaurant ice water. They're in disbelief that this is even a thing. I don't understand how their temperatures DON'T drop when they pour icy beverages into their bodies. Even my grown, 98 lb daughter runs hot. I absolutely carry a sweater all summer long because the AC is cranked everywhere. I sit outside whenever I can coax people into it.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that those of you who run cold need/want warmer temps and those of you who run hot want cooler temps.

Hubby and I are the opposite.  His body is almost always hot and he sweats easily.  He doesn't want blankets on the bed, loves going barefoot or with sandals even in cold weather, etc.  Yet he loves hotter temps and despises cold. He wouldn't mind moving to where it's 90 degrees fairly regularly and often goes out on hot days to do his field work. My body is almost always cold and I'll want jeans and a sweater in the lower 70s if sitting for a bit (like in a theater) even if others are content in shorts.  I hate being barefoot or wearing sandals.  I need blankets and often wear sweats to bed (when he's in a t-shirt and nothing else).  I actually usually snuggle over to him to warm up.  He likes it as it cools him off.  Yet I prefer cooler temps and hate anything over 82 degrees or so.

I suppose this is another way Creeklanders are weird.