Menu

Favorite wallet?

DawnM

I want one that doesn't take up tons of room and one that isn't heavy.

I don't think I really need to carry a checkbook, I haven't for a while, and haven't needed it.

I just need about 8-10 credit cards/ID/Bank card/gift cards, and cash.

Suggestions?

As a purse or to put in your purse?

I have a similar one to that, although a tiny bit smaller. It is just a tiny bit bigger than my smartphone. It has a pouch on the outside for my phone and a zippered part for cash, cards, and license. It also has a wrist loop, and I added a key clip. Often I just grab the wallet, and that's it, but I like that it fits easily into my purse or diaper bag. It was about $10 at WalMart.

• Like 1

I've got a Kate Spade one - the Stacy style https://www.katespade.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Shop-Site/en_US/Search-Show?q=stacy%20wallet

Mine's a plain leather one. I've had it for over 3 years and it is still in great shape (it lives in my purse, jumbled up with all the other things I throw in there). They have some styles on sale. They also occasionally have "secret" sales that you can be notified about by signing up for their email list. 

• Like 1

I looked at several different models of Big Skinny wallets and chose this one. It's awesome: incredibly thin and lightweight, holds a ton of credit cards plus has 2 separate full length (unfolded) sections for cash/checks/receipts/etc, and it still looks new after 3 yrs of being jammed in a purse, thrown in a  backpack, chucked on a (sometimes sticky) kitchen counter, dropped in a parking lot, etc.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much.  I have ordered the Big Skinny Executive and will see how I like it.

I really wanted a bigger, fancier, leather wallet I liked but it is bulky and heavy, and I think this one will be better for me in my attempt to minimize my purse.

I am starting to need to carry a few things I used to not need.....and I am trying to keep things more organized.  

And the price is such that if I hate it, I can change it out.

Thank you all so much.  I have ordered the Big Skinny Executive and will see how I like it.

I really wanted a bigger, fancier, leather wallet I liked but it is bulky and heavy, and I think this one will be better for me in my attempt to minimize my purse.

I am starting to need to carry a few things I used to not need.....and I am trying to keep things more organized.  

And the price is such that if I hate it, I can change it out.

Can you point me to the leather one you liked?  I like the form factor of the big skinny, but I want leather and I am not a fan of the Big skinny logo prominently on the wallet.

Can you point me to the leather one you liked?  I like the form factor of the big skinny, but I want leather and I am not a fan of the Big skinny logo prominently on the wallet.

https://www.ebags.com/product/anuschka/check-book-walletclutch/246231?productid=10414452

It was more than I wanted to spend too.

Big Skinny does have leather ones, but they aren't that nice IMO.

Thank you.  That is quite pretty but I know what you mean about being more than you want to spend.

I really like their stuff, it is so pretty.  

But I really need to go for practical right now.  I have my cloth Kavu sling bag to take back and forth to work and lightweight stuff inside is a real plus.

I realize I am not the bucket bag type.  I hate hunting for my stuff!  I love pockets and organizers and different compartments to keep my stuff handy.

And i need something to carry over my shoulders.  I want my hands free.

But this thread is about wallets not purses.....that may come later!  LOL!

Tania,

I found a Patricia Nash Cauchy wallet about a year and a half ago at TJMaxx for a good price. It is gorgeous Italian leather that is of the highest quality and I love it so very much. It still looks brand new after all the use and still smells lovely like leather. This is the one I have except mine is a different pretty floral pattern:

https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/patricia-nash-cauchy-wallet?EFCKEY={%22EXPERIMENT%22:[%222412%22,%222489%22,%222554%22,%222242%22,%222419%22]}&SEED=-2077529349746716185

I looked for the one I have on eBay and there are a lot there but not the pattern I have. But there are lots of pretty ones.

Edited by 4Kiddos
  • Like 1

Tania,

I found a Patricia Nash Cauchy wallet about a year and a half ago at TJMaxx for a good price. It is gorgeous Italian leather that is of the highest quality and I love it so very much. It still looks brand new after all the use and still smells lovely like leather. This is the one I have except mine is a different pretty floral pattern:

https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/patricia-nash-cauchy-wallet?EFCKEY={%22EXPERIMENT%22:[%222412%22,%222489%22,%222554%22,%222242%22,%222419%22]}&SEED=-2077529349746716185

I looked for the one I have on eBay and there are a lot there but not the pattern I have. But there are lots of pretty ones.

Ooh, that is pretty!  Thank You.  Off to check out eBay.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the same thing! Especially as a rather fluffy woman. ;) They look great otherwise. I've been trying to decide on a wallet for three or five years. I have everything stuffed in the front pockets of my purse, and it's a little nuts in there. I keep looking at Hobo wallets and hoping I come across the perfect one at Nordstrom Rack. 

I have two wallets, one for license, health insurance card, AAA card, 2 credit cards and my Costco card.  I can go out for a long photo shoot etc, with just this skinny wallet thrown in my pocket.  It's kind of like this one, but without the money pocket, and it is thinner.  https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Leather-Protected-Minimalist-KALMORE/dp/B01MF71CPU/ref=zg_bs_2475879011_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=70FQ37X63F2WBPG29D57&th=1

The other is this one:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014GSTEA8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It holds another 10 cards, cash, coins, and coupons and it zips shut.  That one can fit in my other pocket if I need it to, but usually they both ride around in my purse.  

I don't carry as many cards as you do, as I have a phone app that has the loyalty cards and 2 credit cards and my Starbucks card on it, and I always have my phone with me.  I got rid of the big wallets even though I love leather accoutrements.  Just too heavy and I carry too much stuff around when I have them.

The little black one I linked above--I was a little nervous about it...didn't know about quality and so on--but at $10 I figured I could give it a flutter.  I wish it had been available in red.  :0)