Menu

Proud Mommy Share

Jenny in Florida

My son and his girlfriend made this video as a contest entry:

It may be just me, because I'm related to one of them (and awfully fond of the other), but I think it's pretty great. I figured that other folks here who are fans of Broadway, especially The Great Comet, or just fans of silliness might enjoy it, too.

Be sure to stick around to the end for the outtakes and explanations.

• Like 22

I had no idea what The Great Comet was, but now I do- and it sounds fabulous!

What a creative idea- it took me a while to realize the materials they were using for the puppets. 

And seriously.  I totally thought they were using a professional recording!   :w00t:   Wowza!  Great job to them! 

• Like 1

And seriously.  I totally thought they were using a professional recording!   :w00t:   Wowza!  Great job to them! 

Thanks! I recognized both of their singing voices, but I didn't know until my son mentioned it that they had built the whole track. 

I'll pass along the compliment; I'm sure they will appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

When are the winners going to be announced?

I have no clue. I know the deadline for submissions was June 1 and that the winners will be seeing the show on June 27. So, I assume any second now? But I haven't found anything in any of the contest announcements that gives an actual date for judging.

My son and his girlfriend had a blast making the video, though, and have been so pleased to watch the number of views going up. Regardless of whether they win anything, they are already saying they'd like to do more similar videos. So, I consider that a big win right there.

• Like 1