Menu

Math by topic, not grade

Hilltopmom

Other than Math Mammoth (pages way too busy) and the Key to.. Series, is there another place that does math workbooks by topic, not mixed grade content?

Looking for topics like- measurement, decimals, money, etc. by themselves.

For a jr high student with dyscalculia. (So, not babyish pages)

(Not MUS either, btdt)

Thanks!

Middle School Math With Pizzazz might be useful for this, depending on the level of the student. Those books are all by topic.

MEP is free, so even though it's mixed, the time to pull the right topic pages would probably be worth it - especially since they're basically all together within each grade year. You could just pull all the pages about X topic from grade 4, then 5, then 6. Or whatever level you needed.

• Like 1

Other than Math Mammoth (pages way too busy) and the Key to.. Series, is there another place that does math workbooks by topic, not mixed grade content?

Looking for topics like- measurement, decimals, money, etc. by themselves.

For a jr high student with dyscalculia. (So, not babyish pages)

(Not MUS either, btdt)

Thanks!

Do you have a full list of topics that you're looking for?

Look on Amazon for supplementary math books by topic and just type in the topic you're looking for. There are books out there that span a wide range of topics at the 5th-10th grade level.

The Number Power Series has a book on Measurement and one on Decimals.

I have never seen a book on money by itself for the upper grades/age range. It's usually covered in the book on decimals and percents.

• Like 1

You can try Prodigy Math, depending on whether or not your Jr. Higher finds the game aspect of it interesting. That age is kind of funny...some are a bit more "mature" than others.

But with Prodigy, you can assign specific concepts that you want your kiddo to practice.

I keep wanting her to try Prodigy, but it doesn't work on my old iPad :(

Her brother owns the only computer here right now & is pretty much always on it for school.

Following, as I might need this later.   You are past this, but we just started using Addition Facts that Work and Subtraction Facts that work.  I love the idea of books that teach just one topic.  Even if you're using a curriculum you like, sometimes you hit a wall on one subject in it that doesn't work as well for you.  A single subject book would be great for that!