Menu

The Distracted Teachers Teachers Lounge 4-12-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Whatever-day-it-is!

I just realized I forgot to tell my husband that I did my part of the taxes so we can now finish filing.

Time to get on that tonight!

Anyone else still need to finish (maybe even start) their taxes? Here: see above.

Anyone else distracted by the weather (or other things) to the point of not getting lessons done? Here: it is definitely Spring and summer is not so far away. I'd much rather be outside! Even if I did get stung by a bee yesterday (and it was not my fault).  :confused1:

Anyone else just want to escape to a mountain cabin (or beach or wherever), for about a month by yourself just 

to "regroup"? :gnorsi: Here: mountain cabin most definitely. Although, there is a small island in the Caribbean that would work just as well! 

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 5

Taxes: Did them last month.  We've almost finished spending our refund (redoing the boys' rooms and got a new dishwasher).

Distracted by Weather: Nope.  It's overcast and rainy this week.

Escape for a Month: That would be fantastic.

• Like 3

Hi ya, Scrap!

I just got the taxes done and submitted two days ago.  That's a huge load off of my back.

The weather is yucky out.  So no distractions there.  But dd has academic testing yesterday and today which is done in a group elsewhere so I'm trying to catch up on things that have I have gotten way behind on at home.

An escape anywhere would be just fine.  I wouldn't even mind an escape to a hotel room with a view of a parking lot and a Denny's.  I'm that desperate! 

• Like 5

It's hump day!  Taxes were done a while ago.  I am definitely distracted by the beautiful weather and other things.  Just found out people are flying in for my son's high school graduation and I'm going to have a house full.  Scenes from Christmas Vacation keep popping into my mind!  An escape is just what I need right about now.  My mom tried to talk me into visiting her in Orlando, and it was tempting but we really just need to complete this year out.  I'm determined that the kids will finish their math books, science and keep progressing in other things, even if we are kind of a disorganized mess right now. 

• Like 3

Good afternoon!

I did our federal taxes quite some time ago but haven't finalized our state yet. We owe on it, so I'm sort of waiting to the last minute. All I have left to do is write out the check and print out the payment voucher to send it all in. 

Weather isn't a distraction for me like some other things are. It's nice here today, though. 

An escape would be nice, but I don't know that I'd want a whole month by myself. I would prefers mountains to beaches during this time of year. I really like beaches when it's colder and misty out. I think I would be a New England beach person if I had ever had the chance to visit there. Maybe someday!

• Like 3

Hi Scrap!

Dh did our taxes a month or so ago. I thought I had adjusted our withholding so we wouldn't owe, but it didn't turn out that way. 

Lovely day here. Very distracting!! I would rather be at the zoo or the park or working in my yard - anywhere but here teaching Ds math! 

Escape! Yes! Except that I would still come home to a boy who struggles to learn math facts. Reality is inescapable.We just need to work harder and more often on his math. No summer break for Ds on math, except for Sundays, swim meets, and camp. I am going to re-read the relaxed math thread tonight to compile a list of games and more fun stuff to help him review. 

I love the beach and we are going in May. But a week alone would be all I could do. Looking forward to the break in routine and the sound of the ocean, and eating lots of fresh shrimp.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

So here's the update: no academis done yet, really. Bible reading, yes. And I managed to squeeze in an impromptu short geography lesson as

I showed both kids a video about the Bocas del Tora region in Panama.

DD is now working on psychology. DS is super tired as he didn't get to sleep until after 11pm last night.

He said just now, on his way up the stairs, "I'm not really tired but my eyelids are super heavy." I suggested he go lay back

down and close his eyes!

And my 1:30 meeting got bumped to 3pm. 

Now to go take my shower and try to get SOMEthing constructive done!

• Like 2

I'm always distracted ... most often by Facebook or here. I'll sit down to work on something, only to find I wasted an hour "catching up on fb." But it's not like I have people there who want to get a hold of me.

I am not done with taxes and I am slowly pulling my head out of the sand ... like tomorrow. I need I n put from others who shared some business events with me as we have not finished the financials. Plus, I need to download a bunch fo documents (after finding or resetting a bunch of passwords.) I'm guessing I won't be doing much with Triduum services this Easter.

Our weather has been fabulous for half the day and the temp will drop like 30 degrees. I had a lovely walk with my dog along the Riverwalk instead of just in my neighborhood. We watched a great blue geron, a family of ducks and had to wait for a few geese to skeedaddle off the path in order to finish. I was surprised the Bear didn't yank my arm off to go after them.

Escape is something I want on a daily basis. Unfortunately, a change in location wouldn't be much of an escape ... because I would be there and all of my problems as well. But a change of scenery would be nice. Beach. Mountains. It's all good.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm not the one handling taxes, though sometimes I think I should take it over... it's just that I've never done them, and I have no income, so it'd be weird to take them over. But yeah, they still need to be started, afaik (which annoys the hell out of me). 

What was the second question again?

Oh yeah, spring weather, right? No, this week is spring break anyway, but it's mostly other stuff that's been distracting me. Yesterday was rainy anyway.

Mountain cabin etc sounds great. So, where are we going?

• Like 2