Menu

Easter Cocktail [for people so inclined]

poppy

Easter = Margaritas.

Especially Raspberry or Strawberry margaritas served with deviled eggs and smoked salmon

Ok... so maybe our traditions here are a little different than most, but it's been a long winter......

Mmmmm.  Count me in!

Don't know how they taste, but these two are pretty colors:

Easter egg blue cocktail

• 6 cl gin
  • 2 cl blue curaçao
  • 1 cl lime juice
  • lime slices

Mix the liquids, strain, pour into glasses garnished with lime slices and ice cubes.

Raspberry Cocktail

• 125 g fresh raspberries
  • 25 cl Vodka (Absolut Raspberri)
  • 10 cl simple syrup
  • 10 ice cubes
  • zest from 2 limes
  • 25 cl champagne

Puree (or muddle) the raspberries, put in shaker with vodka, simple syrup, and lime zest and ice cubes. Shake vigorously, strain into 6 glasses which you then top off with champagne.

Orange blossom punch--

One liter of ginger ale, one liter of orange juice, 1/4 cup cherry juice or grenadine.  Mix right before serving, add one pint of lemon sherbet (fat free is fine), serve in a punch bowl ideally with a big ice ring (freeze water in a ring cake pan).

Or, mint juleps.

Or, mojitos.

I think Sangria is more summer like than spring like, but wow, just today I had some simply made from a Kirkland Sangria mix (comes in a wine bottle looking container) and ginger ale, with ice, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries that was awfully good.  

Edited by Carol in Cal.

I like to make Rosemary's Pink Diamond Fizz, but I use pink champagne. My grandmother Rosemary loved pink, loved diamonds, and loved champagne, so it's a family favorite for many reasons.

http://www.finecooking.com/drink-recipes/rosemary-pink-diamond-fizz-cocktail.aspx

If the weather is warm, I like to make a champagne punch like this one:

http://www.beautyfrosting.com/tag/pink-champagne-cocktails

Mimosas are expected. My other grandmother loves variations with pomegranate, and DH and I like elderflower.