Menu

So I made cauliflower "nachos" for lunch...

StaceyinLA

I was really skeptical. I have enjoyed everything I've made with cauliflower (mashed "potatoes," "rice," etc.), and I love roasted cauliflower, but nachos? Really?

Well, I was pleasantly surprised.

Put florets in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil (2-3T), then season with salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and paprika (I did a light sprinkle of everything; maybe more generous with the garlic). Bake on 425 for about 30 minutes. Pull out, top with shredded cheese (I used grass-fed cheddar), bake 5 more minutes.

Top with any toppings you'd like. I just did Hatch Chile salsa from TJs and some fresh guac. I personally think next time I'll have a shredded Mexican pork, or some ground beef to top it with and make it dinner for my dh and I, and have some other toppings, like fresh pico de gallo, cilantro, etc., to really kick it up.

Pretty darn delicious.

• Like 14

Pretty good actually.

You know LA is the home of kimchi tacos. Muenster/Sauerkraut tacos are in the same groove.

On the second round I added Sriracha.

Bill (who is not nauseous due to the food :D)

Gee Bill. With a food list like that, one would ponder if you are pregnant or not were you of the correct gender!

:D

• Like 1

Gee Bill. With a food list like that, one would ponder if you are pregnant or not were you of the correct gender!

:D

Let's just say that my previous mental-health strategy proved suddenly untenable. and pseudo-pregnancy eating habits have leapt in to fill the void :D

Bill (who just ate some ginger-thins topped with mint-chip ice cream)

• Like 1

I'm intrigued.  Would you share how you made that or what was in it?

(i love sauerkraut and cheese so...)

I took two Corn Tortillas and placed between them one and one-half slices of Muenster cheese, and a scoop of homemade Sauerkraut.

Then I heated the Quesadilla in an iron pan (flipping) until the tortillas started to get toasty and the cheese melted. Then I cut into quarters and ate. 

Then I made more. Then I added Sriracha to a batch. That was good so I made more :D

Bill

Edited by Spy Car
  • Like 1

I took two Corn Tortillas and placed between them one and one-half slices of Muenster cheese, and a scoop of homemade Sauerkraut.

Then I heated the Quesadilla in an iron pan (flipping) until the tortillas started to get toasty and the cheese melted. Then I cut into quarters and ate. 

Then I made more. Then I added Sriracha to a batch. That was good so I made more :D

Bill

mmm

I think I'd add bacon...

• Like 3

Let's just say that my previous mental-health strategy proved suddenly untenable. and pseudo-pregnancy eating habits have leapt in to fill the void :D

Bill (who just ate some ginger-thins topped with mint-chip ice cream)

LOL maybe your wife is pregnant? My husband always had sympathetic cravings.
  • Like 1