Menu

Any else wrap a gift & then have to unwrap because

Prairie~Phlox

Ha!

Not that exactly. But I've unwrapped three gifts. I started wrappeing early this year. I'd take a glass of wine, throw on some tunes and wrap.

Then - the snow boots under the tree were needed early. So we had to find them. DH and I had to unwrap 3 gifts and rewrap them before we found those boots! Aaargh.

Drunk wrapping might not be a good plan. :)

• Like 1

No, but I have changed my mind and then, since the initial gift was purchased and wrapped, went with both gifts which creates an inconsistency in number of gifts for others which means I have to buy another gift of comparable $ or likeability for everyone which means more trips to the stores and more wrapping.

Switching gifts seems much easier. Will you keep the other gift for future use or return it?

Yep. Because I forgot to put a label on it (because I was *sure* I'd remember what it was and who was supposed to get it). 

Just this year, wrapped a present, put a label on it, child whose name was on the label unwrapped it, looked confused, child across the room is outraged and said, "I wanted that shirt". Oopps. Yes, dear, I'm sorry, that was supposed to be your sister's shirt. Argh. 

Yes, sort of!  We do a "Secret Sibling" exchange among our kids and this year ds15 had SO much trouble finding something for his sister.  i.e. basically I chose the gift.  But it was way over the limit and after talking to dh--and after the present was already wrapped and under the tree--we had ds swap it out with another gift we already had for her.  LOL  She knew and it was no big deal--I sort of messed up the whole making things even.  :P

Yes I have but not this year.

My neighbor shared that her husband did the wrapping last year as she was physically unable. She gave him gift tags to put on the packages.

He did.

But he didn't put any names on them!!

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 1

One year when I was a perhaps a early teen my mom wrapped ALL the Christmas presents. She then realized she didn't label a signal one.

So she had me unwrap them all, and then rewrap them with labels, "to: x, from: y". She told me not to peak at my own presents when I did the unwrapping and rewrapping. :p

I did make fun of her quite a bit that day.