Menu

Santa Tracker - Geography Lesson

Joules

When DD was very young, several years, we watched NORAD Tracking Santa. That guy travels at amazingly fast speeds and that is why the little kids need to be told that Santa does not have time to stop for Milk and Cookies and to talk with them, when he is in their house. The kids must be asleep when he is in their house.   The little kids need to speak with Santa when he is in the local Mall and has time to chat. And yes, it is a good lesson in World Geography.    Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

We have watched NORAD Tracks Santa for nearly 20 years, first on a desktop computer, nowadays on the mobile app. It's a fun way to while away the hours on December 24th!

(When I was a kid, we would call NORAD on the telephone to find out where Santa was! That was a long time ago!)

it's funny how it started . . . . with a typo of a phone number for a store that was sponsoring a "call santa" line.  they got norad.

here's the norad santa site.  http://www.noradsanta.org/

And it's a darn good thing they did!  I mean, what if Santa was out there without NORAD being aware of his flight?!?!  If they didn't realize who he was, flying in our airspace like that, making all kinds of iffy landings, there could be some Serious Trouble!  Good think NORAD's on the job!!!   :D

• Like 3

We have watched NORAD Tracks Santa for nearly 20 years, first on a desktop computer, nowadays on the mobile app. It's a fun way to while away the hours on December 24th!

(When I was a kid, we would call NORAD on the telephone to find out where Santa was! That was a long time ago!)

Is this the same as NORAD? I have never done this. My baby is 25 but I want to do it once so I can say I have tracked Santa. :)  :)

ETA:  Santa is moving at a good clip but shockingly he missed Morocco...completely. And NORAD had him in Norway while the other tracker had him in Italy????  :)

Edited by Liz CA

My 12 year old still loves this. We started following when she was very young to track which family members Santa had already visited. It was fun because we have family in many countries and continents. She was checking it out this morning when Santa was going through Nepal, India and Bangladesh. Last year we were in Sri Lanka for Christmas and we are really enjoying home this year.